+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season review 2013/14 Part 2

Season review 2013/14 Part 2

What a season. Can we come close next year? - view external link

re: Season review 2013/14 Part 2

As you know i am one of the more positive ones but would be astonished if we were able to come 2nd again next season i can only see aberdeen get stronger but once again will start with same target top 6 and if we get there aim higher from their on

I wish I knew! We'll have to wait and see who's playing for us - nobody can say we're stuck with the same old faces year after year!
    I hope we're not starting to buy the Aberdeen 'hype'? I got a row from a Dons fan when I said that while they had improved, they hadn't improved all that much. Five points from eigh**** against Hearts and County? No goals against us at Pittodrie in two games since the New Year? No goals after 120 mins. of League Cup Final. I would still maintain that it hasn't been a quantum leap. They, like all the rest of us, don't have cash to splash; they may unearth some cheap or loan gems who may, indeed, strengthen them. On the evidence of Sunday, which Dons players will English clubs be queueing up to bid for? Nane.
    We are. for the present, more solidly founded. No reason to think they're going to roll over us.

I think your spot on re Aberdeen. Yes they've improved but as you say, i don't think it's as significant as some think. Maybe for the first time since supporting the well i can look forward to the start of the season and dismiss any notion of relegation. Every year i don't get to comfortable until we've a few wins under the belt. Some fellow well fans of my vintage maybe feel the same being brought up with relegation tussle's year in year out. 2nd place i think will be very difficult but top 6 and maybe uefa qualification may not be to far from our grasp.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)