+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite punk song

re: Favourite punk song

Pretty Vacant,Anarchy in the UK,Holidays in the sun,God Save the Queen. Couldnt really pick which one is favourite for me.

The most covered song in history (apparently) but nobody did it like this. - view external link

Never a great fan of Punk at the time, enjoy some now, but still can't get the *** Pistols Punks fabricated boyband.

Whilst that is true and also in the case of The Clash, those 2 bands had singers who connected with the disaffected youth and in Malcolm McLaren and Bernie Rhodes, visionary managers who helped alter the course of music in this country

Always preferred The Clash myself from London Calling onwards

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdder
    Threads like this really make me feel old.
    I have never heard of any of the groups or tracks listed except The Clash. Don't know who they are though, or any of their 'music'.
    My favourite is Paddy McGinty's Goat by Val Doonican.

Reasons for existence - subhumans

[quote="Rockthecasbah"

I can't really argue with that Oz, it wasn't their finest, still good though imo.

Best Clash for me would probably be Complete Control or White Man in Hammersmith Palais, close call though, so many classics.

Overall from that era probably SLF At The Edge.[/quote]

2 apologies for you.1 for thinking you was a skunt(you have every right to shoot me)and secondly Rock the Casbah is not the worst.I forgot all about This Is Radio Clash...that was diabolical.

As for favourite "Garageland" was great first time I heard it and 34 years later I still crank it.

Love the Libertines "What A Waste" if that can be classified as punk.Pretty hard to define nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by ozsaint1976
    There are so many to choose from, I find it hard to pick a favourite. Just to list a few, Boomtown Rats, Eva Braun or Rat Trap, SLF, Gotta Get Away or Wasted Life. The Damned, New Rose, anything by The Toy Dolls, The Stranglers, Peaches, Old Codger and Tank (classics) and of course Anti Nowhere League. Animal in full song was very impressive in concert. Who remembers The Incredible Shrinking Dickies, Walk like an egg? The Members, Sound of the Suburbs or The Leyton Buzzards, Saturday Night Beneath the Plastic Palm Trees. I have all these and more on vinyl and have recently purchased a turn table and can now listen to them as the were meant to be, the crackles, scratches and jumping of the needle in the groove, nice memories!!!
    Wot??? No Angelic Upstarts?

My goodness, what a thread!

On this whole clash/pistols debate I too side with the Clash. The foundations they laid for the punk bands I know and love today were clear to see, not to mention the whole ska/punk sub-genre that I credit them with being the forefathers of.

Fave punk song then? Can't list just one.

Old skool punk:
    Peter & The Test Tube Babies - Banned From The Pubs.
    The Vibrators - Baby Baby.
    Deak Kennedys - Kill The Poor.
    Argy Bargy - Looking For Glory.
    Drongos For Europe - Don't Need A Gun.

New skool punk:
    Strike Anywhere - Omega Footprint.
    Rise Against - Kotov Syndrome.
    Debeli Pecjednik - Brave Souls.
    A Wilhelm Scream - The Horse.
    Rancid - Radio.

Ska/Punk:
    Culture Shock - Civilisation Street.
    Capdown - Positivity.
    Inline Sk8ing Barbies - Pacman.
    The Uppercuts - Back In The Day.
    Against All Authority - All Fall Down.

Psychobilly:
    Tiger Army - Never Die.
    Mad Sin - Geisterfahrer.
    Koffin Kats - Above Me Beyond You.
    Demented Are Go - Bodies In The Basement.
    Graveyard

Just shows how little I know about punk - I only recognise two of the groups in Brock's list..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast