+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup final tomorrow apparently

FA Cup final tomorrow apparently

When I was a nipper growning up that used to get big coverage - no disrespect to the Scottish Cup Final mind.

Tomorrow afternoon - couldn't even tell you the time - apparently Hull are playing @rse.

Goes to show how much money has taken over the game and now this once prestigious tournament has been relegated to being an also ran.

Don't wish to be maudlin or view the past through rose-tinted glasses but I think the scramble for top 4 in England for the "Champions" League has been a retrograde step.

Make it top 3 and Cup Winner (Finalist or else 4th in EPL) and that would spice things up and return some interest in the thing

re: FA Cup final tomorrow apparently

The authorities have ruined a few competitions now, The FA Cup, The 'Champions League', the UEFA/Europa Cup & probably a good few more.

All in the of greed.

Not sure what sort of FA Cup coverage you got in Scotland but in the 80's in NI we got the full day's listing. Coverage started at 11am with various features following the fans on their pilgramage to Wembley, players stats, backgrounds, interviews, celeb fans ...it was exciting stuff as there wasn't that much exposure on the TV in those days...in fact I think there wasn't even live English top flight games on terrestrial TV in the mid 80's for some reason.

The build up was great and by the time the match started it was fever pitch stuff!!

It's not even a 3pm kick off tomorrow, starts at 5pm which clashes with the Barca v Athletico game.

Quote Originally Posted by WangOneIn
    Not sure what sort of FA Cup coverage you got in Scotland but in the 80's in NI we got the full day's listing. Coverage started at 11am with various features following the fans on their pilgramage to Wembley, players stats, backgrounds, interviews, celeb fans ...it was exciting stuff as there wasn't that much exposure on the TV in those days...in fact I think there wasn't even live English top flight games on terrestrial TV in the mid 80's for some reason.

The build up was great and by the time the match started it was fever pitch stuff!!

It's not even a 3pm kick off tomorrow, starts at 5pm which clashes with the Barca v Athletico game.

ps. All the saturday morning kids TV shows had FA Cup theme's too...

The FA Cup has definitely lost appeal over the years but tomorrow will still be a massive occasion - especially for Hull City playing in their first FA Cup Final.

Unbelievably, Rugby League have scheduled the Super League derby between Hull and Hull KR (which is a huge match in that part of the world) for the same time on Saturday!!

Anyone who watches the FA Cup final rather than Barca vs Athletico is off their phucking nut.

I`m sorry but i dont ever remember there being tv coverage of the English cup final, in fact our own cup final wasnt shown on tv until the late 70s or early 80s.
    Will watch it tomorrow then go to the pub to watch the Spanish league decider.

Used to get both cup finals on TV in the Borders.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBhoy
    Anyone who watches the FA Cup final rather than Barca vs Athletico is off their phucking nut.
    Both will be on in the pub I'd imagine but if I'm staying in I'll probably watch FA Cup Final for the sense of occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by WangOneIn
    Both will be on in the pub I'd imagine but if I'm staying in I'll probably watch FA Cup Final for the sense of occasion.[/quote]

Arsenal vs Hull is an 'occasion'? Me and you tearing it up in Edinburgh will be an 'occasion', Wang, the FA Cup final is a mere fitbaw match when compared to the drunken debauchery that we'll participate in. It'll end up a right old carry on. I can't wait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)