+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QPR fans

QPR fans

With the complete lack of available banter with QPR fans on footymad (which is starting to feel unnerving if I'm honest), I've been reading some threads on their message boards.

I think someone commented on a thread on one about them thinking we assume we'll walk it, I read that one last night and it highlighted how misinformation can so easily be spread by listening to one or two comments in isolation. Whilst I'm sure there probably are a few very confident people who think we're going to walk it (every club has them), the vast majority think it's going to be incredibly close or that QPR's experience wil edge it. That's how it seems to me anyway. But one poster on 'Loft for words' has obviously read a thread somewhere, posted as such on their board and now everyone on that site thinks we're arrogant tossers who are already planning next season away days around the prem.

So whilst we slag them off for trying to buy success with overpaid players and journeymen, it's interesting to see

re: QPR fans

I hope your players aren't reading this. Didn't Brian Clough say that don't worry about the opposition, let them worry about you. You finished well ahead of QPR in the league so why freeze now just before the finishing line.I don't love you like Romanis, Juliet,Mr Charisma and our other cringeworthy supporters do. It's just that QPR have said that they will buy Henri Lansbury if they get promoted. That is a price not worth paying especially when you'll be coming straight down again after amusing the nation again on MOTD..

Admit it Awk, you're in denial. You've developed a real soft spot for the Rams, we're your 2nd team now aren't we! Now you're trying to find obscure reasons to help justify it.

Come on and just admit the truth man. You might as well, nobody over at Forest seems to want you.

Awkward should be renamed Ahasverus or Buttadaeus. He seems destined to roam the FM boards for all his life, but nobody wants him to stay. I wonder what his crime was to be condemned to immortality and unpopularity in equal measure?

Oh God, I've just thought, this is probably spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondo
    Admit it Awk, you're in denial. You've developed a real soft spot for the Rams, we're your 2nd team now aren't we! Now you're trying to find obscure reasons to help justify it.

Come on and just admit the truth man. You might as well, nobody over at Forest seems to want you.

I must admit that most of the Forest board are not to my liking especially since Castus is no longer able to post but I am a supporter of Nottingham Forest and have been so for sixty years. The Forest board seems to have something against long standing supporters for some reason. Perhaps it's because it's the Internet and at the very cutting edge of modernity, but the downside is that it also attracts the Internet bully. Just accept me as a Forest pensioner seeking asylum but still hates Derby.

Strange place to seek asylum then but we are a broad church at Derby :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne
    The Forest board seems to have something against long standing supporters for some reason. Perhaps it's because it's the Internet and at the very cutting edge of modernity,
    Hmmm..

No, I just think it's you they don't like.

As for Castus, I'm surprised he hasn't made some discreet attempt to rejoin through one form of techno wizardry or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondo
    The Forest board seems to have something against long standing supporters for some reason. Perhaps it's because it's the Internet and at the very cutting edge of modernity,
    Hmmm..

No, I just think it's you they don't like.

As for Castus, I'm surprised he hasn't made some discreet attempt to rejoin through one form of techno wizardry or another.[/quote]

I wouldn't betray him if he did.

QPR.. Where do I start?? I even worked at the club in the 70s doing their scoreboard on matchdays when I was at college. My Mum was actually Jim Gregory's PA for most of her working career, so I guess I have links with the club.
    As I have mentioned before, I have loads working for me now, all decent blokes who love the banter and have been through the thin times with QPR. Opinions are split with them, some want to be little owld QPR, who as was previously mentioned, tweeked the noses of the big boys. Bit like us really in some respects. Some want to progress and see the dodgy owners as the necessary evil to achieve this.
    All clubs have arrogant tosspots who cant understand a bit of banter and get all agressive. They have a forum called 'We are the rangers boys' and most on there tick all the arrogant boxes. We are all norven monkeys on there.. Cant have a decent my ****s bigger than you **** exchange with them.

The best team on the day will win.. We have been the better team over the

[quote="AngryRam"]QPR.. Where do I start?? I even worked at the club in the 70s doing their scoreboard on matchdays when I was at college. My Mum was actually Jim Gregory's PA for most of her working career, so I guess I have links with the club.
    As I have mentioned before, I have loads working for me now, all decent blokes who love the banter and have been through the thin times with QPR. Opinions are split with them, some want to be little owld QPR, who as was previously mentioned, tweeked the noses of the big boys. Bit like us really in some respects. Some want to progress and see the dodgy owners as the necessary evil to achieve this.
    All clubs have arrogant tosspots who cant understand a bit of banter and get all agressive. They have a forum called 'We are the rangers boys' and most on there tick all the arrogant boxes. We are all norven monkeys on there.. Cant have a decent my ****s bigger than you **** exchange with them.

The best team on the day wil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)