+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: milly

re: milly

Not too bad thanks Champs, not in any pain, just can't do much, anything physical and start sweating immediately, knackered after a couple of minutes. Luckily I drive for a living so can do that OK. Heart rate varies from 200 down to 30 when asleep, so they can't give me more drugs to lower heartrate or could stop heart altogether at night. So fit pacemaker to keep heartrate up to 50 or so then more drugs to keep the top rate down. Sounds to me like they are masking the problem rather than curing it, but got to try it see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkyclaret
    Not too bad thanks Champs, not in any pain, just can't do much, anything physical and start sweating immediately, knackered after a couple of minutes. Luckily I drive for a living so can do that OK. Heart rate varies from 200 down to 30 when asleep, so they can't give me more drugs to lower heartrate or could stop heart altogether at night. So fit pacemaker to keep heartrate up to 50 or so then more drugs to keep the top rate down. Sounds to me like they are masking the problem rather than curing it, but got to try it see what happens.
    That doesn't sound very nice for you pal. I really do hope you cabn just carry on and it not affect your day to day life. I agree, like alot of things, they mask a problem, not cure it. Must be terribly frustrating not being able to be as active as you have been.

I'm fed up of smoking and I am currently struggling like mad to give up.
    But at 37 for the first time in my life, I am really feeling

Keep going with the cigys, near 25 years since I last had one, hard to do it I know. I made it a personal thing between me and tobacco and was determined not to be beat by a ****in cigarette. Also helped me that they stopped making Number 6, so thought I might as well give up as change to a brand that I didn't want.

The other advice I would offer is to keep away from smokers and places where you may be likely to meet anyone smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    I'm fed up of smoking and I am currently struggling like mad to give up.
    A very tough vice to kick.

I have been smoke free for over three years now. I can only suggest getting the help of your GP. I quit with the use of patches, they really worked for me.

There are a lot of ways to kick it Champs, it's good speaking to the GP as they can prescribe you something. It with then only cost Ai7 odd, instead of the expensive price for over the counter.

I quit, not for my health, but because I wanted to buy a house and needed an extra Ai200 a month. Which was what I spending on cigs every month. Set yourself a target and reward yourself for doing well. A new pair of trainers, a meal with the family or a naughty weekend away with the moosus. Some people say put the money you would spend on cigs into a jar, then you can actually visualise how much you're wasting.

All the best Champs, it's easy for people who haven't smoked to say use wil

Just an update on milly, they have had to do a tracheostomy,he is still on ventilator for now and remains in cc/unit, although he is responding they are bringing him round slowly.

Thanks for the update Pat, obviously very serious but any improvement like this is a massive forward step.

yorky, we are very fortunate to have been born in an era that medical knowledge is so advanced, my wife was in the ccu and they did a great job after her having a heart attack & stroke.

Good luck for the op,if it's of any consolation, a friend of mine had a pacemaker fitted and is now back playing golf.

Christ on a bike, hope it doesn't make me play golf!
    But seriously, thanks for that Pat, it is amazing what can be done these days, hope the Mrs keeps improving.

Keep going Russ , look forward to our half time chats next season !

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)