+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Count to Infinity using Pictures: The Next 500 Edition

re: O/T Count to Infinity using Pictures: The Next 500 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    Don't see any dictating whether or not it is necessary to include background info on the pictures, just an option wither way.

Wokes, the site I picked the ship off indicated it was a Norwegian vessel...interesting divergence in what should be a fact.

Tennessee, all 441, all the time!
    US 441 is an interesting old American highway, stretching from Miami up across the Appalachians into eastern Tennessee. Like many of our highways, it follows old pioneer trails that were Indian trails before that, and probably deer and mastodon trails before that. I road it last year on my trip down to Florida.

The singer Tom Petty is from Gainesville in North Florida. 441 passes through that town. He mentions it in the lyrics of "American Girl."

"She could hear the cars roll by/Out on 441/Like waves crashin' on the beach."

Always liked that song. - [url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XsufDwXu4w

as Tundra says, I don't see any dictating. Is it the old reading problem again!

Original thread said "count with pictures", nothing more, nothing less. All in the opinion to me of what's in five and twelve. No need to try and take away a thread from it's original form. All you're doing is adding a copied picture and cut and paste text. It make no difference to me, threads like these don't need a mod within the thread.

Class 444 Desiro electric multiple-unit trains were built in Austria by Siemens AG in 2003-04 for use in Britain on express passenger services operated by South West Trains.

Hope the above text helps educate the masses, please read carefully, you don't want to misinterpret what being said

The Skoda 440 and the similar 445 and 450 are cars that were produced by AZNP in Czechoslovakia between 1955 and 1959.In Czechoslovakia, vehicles were known under popular Spartak.

There is a veritable library of information relating to wine.

This one claims to taste nice and gets you p1ssed quick.

Cheeky little number.

Air France Flight 447 was a scheduled, international, long-haul passenger flight, operated by Air France from Rio de Janeiro to Paris. On 1 June, 2009, the flight was being operated by an Airbus A330 and, just after 02:10 UTC, the aircraft crashed into the Atlantic Ocean. All 228 passengers, aircrew and cabin crew aboard the Airbus were killed.

USS Illusive (AM-448/MSO-448) was an Aggressive-class minesweeper acquired by the U.S. Navy for the task of removing mines that had been placed in the water to prevent the safe passage of ships.

449 Recovery - drug and alcohol treatment and rehabilitation center

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    USS Illusive (AM-448/MSO-448) was an Aggressive-class minesweeper acquired by the U.S. Navy for the task of removing mines that had been placed in the water to prevent the safe passage of ships.

Wolves71, that's a familiar sight. A picture of one very similar hung on the wall of my father's study when I was growing up, specifically this one:

USS Alacrity, MSO-520. She was an Ability-class ocean going minesweeper built around the same time as yours, mid-1950s. They had wooden hulls to help in sweeping magnetic mines. My dad commanded Alacrity in the early 1970s as a Lt. Commander, his first sea command.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)