+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Doyle: Motivation was hard for me

Kevin Doyle: Motivation was hard for me

When you believe you're better than the division you are playing in, then motivation will no doubt drop. There's no "I" in team. You got your loan move, hope it has worked out for you - view external link

re: Kevin Doyle: Motivation was hard for me

Bloody hard for us as well, at least he had A?40k a week to help his depression.

Whilst we share the pain of Kevin Doyle, we should also spare a thought for the hurt feelings of Yaya Toure...

He didn't get a handshake ( and a Bugatti ) from City's owners on his 31st birthday...

Footballers have it so hard...

see link - view external link

[quote="wolves71" in team. You got your loan move, hope it has worked out for you [/quote]

Former NBA superstar, Michael Jordan was once told by a college coach, "There is no 'I' in team!" He replied, "There is in WIN!"

But then Kevin Doyle is no superstar!

[quote="wolves71" in team. You got your loan move, hope it has worked out for you [/quote]

He said at the start of the season he was happy to stick around and help put things right. Sounds like the 'drudge' of playing week to week in league one meant it didn't work out for him... it's difficult to have any sympathy, he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneywolf
    Whilst we share the pain of Kevin Doyle, we should also spare a thought for the hurt feelings of Yaya Toure...

He didn't get a handshake ( and a Bugatti ) from City's owners on his 31st birthday...

see link

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneywolf

see link
    Funniest part is his birthday was not ignored. Given a cake and twitter shout out by the club for it. The party was a celebration for the team, not for Toure's bday. I don't even celebrate my birthday, let alone others. If anything, people should give others gifts on their bday as you should be thankful to be alive, not greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by "nortonwolf" in team. You got your loan move, hope it has worked out for you ;D[/quote

He said at the start of the season he was happy to stick around and help put things right. Sounds like the 'drudge' of playing week to week in league one meant it didn't work out for him... it's difficult to have any sympathy, he needs to go.
    I think both Doyle and Wolves were both aiming for him to move on, he played a bit part in our promotion this season, but a contribution all the less.

PS Happy Birthday Yaya

[quote="MichiganWolf" I don't even celebrate my birthday, let alone others. If anything, people should give others gifts on their bday as you should be thankful to be alive, not greedy.[/quote]

Don't celebrate mine, either, some of the young teachers at work always made a big deal of their birthday, not me...after one reaches a certain age it is merely another day closer to the end.:/

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)