+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Shopping List

Summer Shopping List

My views -

1. a decent left back (with a left foot)
    (Don't get me wrong i think guthrie did better than any of us thought he would last season, however with kelvin gone feel we finally need to address this issue which has been rumbling on for years!)

2. Back up keeper
    (Obvious reasons)

3. A fast nuisance of a striker / fox in the box
    (Someone in the same build as Max / AJ but has the ability to not get shoved out the way by defenders.

4. A playmaker
    (We need a creative force in Centre Mid to compliment grant)

Think next year youth is gonna have its day with the likes of ray, nolan turton and waters all getting good spells in the team.

Think we need some experience somewhere in the team a leader in the mould of Artell.

Also be interesting if toots moves on as dario seems to hope he does, who is capt? Davis? Grant? Duggy?

Summer Shopping List

I think Grant , not sure Duggy has the quality to be a captain

re: Summer Shopping List

Quote Originally Posted by GrestyLion
    My views -

1. a decent left back (with a left foot)
    (Don't get me wrong i think guthrie did better than any of us thought he would last season, however with kelvin gone feel we finally need to address this issue which has been rumbling on for years!)

2. Back up keeper
    (Obvious reasons)

3. A fast nuisance of a striker / fox in the box
    (Someone in the same build as Max / AJ but has the ability to not get shoved out the way by defenders.

4. A playmaker
    (We need a creative force in Centre Mid to compliment grant)

Think next year youth is gonna have its day with the likes of ray, nolan turton and waters all getting good spells in the team.

Think we need some experience somewhere in the team a leader in the mould of Artell.

Also be interesting if toots moves on as dario seems to hope he does, who is capt? Davis? Grant? Duggy?
    I think you will find that Guthrie still has his left foot.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    I think Grant , not sure Duggy has the quality to be a captain

With respect, I disagree.
    I think Duggy's just the type of player whose playing level will go up a notch (or two!) when given the armband. I think he would blossom.

I think we've already seen that Grant can perform well enough as he is.

Not sure Duggy will be in the starting 11 - I would wager that Davis and Ray start barring injuries (rightly or wrongly).
    Think a Captain should be a first team regular - would not like another Abdul situation, where he was not in the team the last few months.
    Ellis would have been a good shout - lol, but would not be surprised to see Harry get the nod tbh

If we go with to much youth we wil be down by xmas

Agree especially when they give them Chance after Chance like A.J

If we had gone with what we had got, instead of importing the likes of Evans and Park etc. we wouldn't have been in the mess we found ourselves in.

Summer Shopping List

Without Ikpezue and Aneke we would have finished bottom

Have heard that saying beforre many times in the Past ' There is No One out there better than we have" That never worked out either!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast