+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bumper crowds?

re: Bumper crowds?

Dumbarton FC prices -

Category B Matches
    Adult - Ai18, Concessions - Ai10, Parent and Child - Ai24

Category A Matches - Rangers , Hibs and Hearts
    Adult - Ai20, Concessions - Ai11, Parent and Child - Ai26

whut 18 quid to watch dumbarton lol ,i hope queens keep the prices the same ,price increases always knock crowds of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn
    Dumbarton FC prices -

Category B Matches
    Adult - Ai18, Concessions - Ai10, Parent and Child - Ai24

Category A Matches - Rangers , Hibs and Hearts
    Adult - Ai20, Concessions - Ai11, Parent and Child - Ai26
    Don't think it's right that a team can charge 18 quid for some league games & 20 quid for others .

Queens have some big decisions to make regarding admission prices next season . Be too greedy & you'll scare fans away

Some of the games on the TV at different kick - off times / different days (at the tele companies insistence) may affect the attendances.
    Latest on that is Sky will screen 5 Rangers matches and BT 10 games featuring the Ibrox club.
    However Alba are already in talks about showing a further 16 matches not involving Rangers. In a further twist the SPFL have left the door open for Sky / BT to come in and extend their coverage of Championship games.

TV Companies obviously put a lot of money into football which gives them a fair bit of clout regarding scheduling matches, but is it right to expect people to buy season tickets, paying their money up front before a ball is kicked, when they don't know what day/time the games will take place or if they will be able to attend. Certainly if I were not self-employed and able to skive off to the football whenever necessary then I would be seriously thinking twice about buying a season ticket.

I always hope that the majority of QOS games go ahead at 3pm on a Saturday, otherwise I am likely to miss out on a few games. I was lucky last year that outwith my Holidays I got to all home games.
    Never liked going to the football on a Sunday but last year managed to get to a few Newcastle games that were played then after watching Queens on the Saturday.
    An odd Friday night game under the floodlights might be fine if we get a decent crowd in but I hope most of our matches (at home) are at the traditional 3pm kick off on a Saturday.

Be prepared for some Friday night games Musky

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919
    Nobody likes paying more but what better time to increase the gate price than this coming season. Makes perfect business sense.

Look what happened last time when we got the timing wrong with admission prices. Nearly cost us our club!
    Absolutely ridiculous statement . Bad financial management nearly cost us the club

Why would we increase prices ? After all we're in the same league FFS[/quote]

Yes and part of it was not increasing the admission at the right time (after the golden Cup year) when attendance was at its peak, instead choosing a recession to announce a ?2.00 increase along side player cut backs as a incentive! - We have business men in charge now. This mistake shouldn't happen again.

Getting admission / season ticket prices correct this coming season could net the club a lot of money. Clubs won't get another chance like this.

instead of raising gate prices,why not introduce a priority ticket for all ticket matches.this could be sold for ?10 pounds giving the purchaser priority for any all ticket matches either home or away during the coming season, and with hearts,hibs and rangers in our league next season there may be a few of these.obvisouly season ticket holders will be entitled to this any way but a lot of the core home support are not season ticket holders.and this would give them the opportunity to purchase tickets ahead of the floating fans who turn up for bigger matches.

I think it would be a good idea to keep the prices the same

Also think some kind of loyalty sistem for non season ticket holdets wouldbe good . For example if u bring in 5 match tickets get a match for 10 pounds might encourage people come to smaller games if the thought of getting to see the scum hearts and hibs for a tenner is to good to refuse for the glory hunters and scummy (the) rangers fans wanting to see the big games

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)