+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World Cup tips league

World Cup tips league

Ok for all those of you who might want to join a site (and a group) where you can make predictions on the up-coming World Cup, this might interest you.

Its basic really, you have to decide on who wins (or draws) each match rather than predicting actual scores. When it gets to the knockout stages though, its all about who wins, and draws of course dont come into it!!

If anybody wants to join this, the link is below. If you want to join my group its...

Comp Name: Acido's World Cup Aces
    Comp Number: 305337
    Comp Password: tykesmad00 - view external link

re: World Cup tips league

Acido, I love your enthusiasm for the World Cup, but knowing the England team and our history I expect it will start on the 12th June with the first WC match and be all over on the 24th when we fail to progress beyond the group stage. Costa Rica may provide a few points for us but Italy and Uruquay are better teams, have higher rankings and will cope better with the temperatures in Brazil.

The dream of lifting the World Cup has been elusive for very many years and I really don't see this time being any different. At least after the 24th I will be able to enjoy the summer and get out in my garden after taking down my St George's flags.

I hope you enjoy the games through to the final between 2 of Brazil, Germany, Spain and Argentina.

Hi ho Silver (soz I couldnt resist that )

Im looking forward to the WCup as a neutral fan as well, not just as an England fan. And if Im honest, I also think we'll struggle to get beyond the group.

And yes, I have got a St George's flag at the ready

I don't like to be right when it's bad news, but I was right when I said England wouldn't get through the group stage of the World Cup. It was a tough group and England are not all that good on the world stage. I don't see many countries being afraid of facing us.

I don't think you were alone in thinking that this England side was vastly overrated (by themselves mainly), and most intelligent people would have been very surprised to see them go through to the final stages. Very good talkers though. By the way, Silvertop, what other stage might England play on (other than the world one)? Interplanetary?

I did get 3 out of 4 of the semi-finalists right. But then no-one would have guessed that Spain would have done so badly. Spain are now down from 1st to 8th in the world rankings, sheesh!

And I was on the money with England not getting past the group stage. Although they were even worse than even I expected with only 1 point. England now down from 10th to 20th.

The greatest insult is that higher than us are Bosnia with only a 4 million population and Coast Rica with only 4.7 million. We see ourselves as a great footie nation and yet Switzerland with only 8 million are in 9th place, higher than we were before this disaster. We hardly think of Switzerland as something special, but they are far better than we are. A 70 million population and long football heritage and that's the best we can do - 20th.

Much as I really hate to have to admit it as an Englishman, the Germans make great cars, household appliances and do most other things right and could teach us a lot even about footbal