+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish independence: plan to increase immigration

Scottish independence: plan to increase immigration

"The First Minister has set out his aim to encourage more immigration, taking the additional total to about 24,000 a year.

Mr Salmond said average inward net migration was 22,000 in each of the past 10 years.

i think to increase the working-age population through net migration of 2,000 additional a year compared to experience of the last 10 years is an entirely reasonable prospective, and is very realistic to achieve he said.

Opposition parties dismissed the SNP administrations proposals."

there you have it, vote yes if you don't mind your country being overrun by every opportunist under the sun - view external link

re: Scottish independence: plan to increase immigration

Or we will be sensibly adding to the workers paying tax to counter the effect of an ageing population.

As long as they are coming here to work, I have no problem with immigrants.

And as long as they wish to become part of Scottish society and don't use the grandparent rule to play for another country. How many generations before someone feels Scottish. Ants is a good example. He could have been playing against us but he is Scots born of immigrant parents.

Maybe we should tell Scottish people that they are not allowed to immigrate to another country as well.

For the past couple of centuries Scottish people have gone to other countries to live,they were/are no different than people wanting to immigrate to Scotland now.

If Scotland votes Yes I'm moving to Berwick.

Quote Originally Posted by imtheboy
    Is that a promise?

In that case I'm defo voting YES.

Latest polls suggest a surge in favour of the YES vote after ITB's latest spouting.

If Scotland votes No ,then all YES voters will be welcome to come and live in Canada.

Tons of well paid jobs here,it what happens when you don't let your banks run the country or jump everytime the yanks tell you to.

I'll wave at you all from over Wee Eck's border.

In the 40s 50s and even 60s couples would have 3-4-5 or more kids in most European countries and that includes England.. Since then people have become more carreer minded..

With that couples mostly are only having one or two kids sometimes not even one as people are living longer there's more in retirement with that not enough people working it's exactly the same in England..

But we have 45yrs of oil and gas to come as well as renewables during that time which will become massive and will make Scotland a fortune..

It's down to what your country produces..that certainly helps..

England isn't as fortunate..

It used to be with the steel the mines.. Unfortunately that's now all but gone..

So the jobs in Scotland will be here whether we like it or not we will need people to fill them that's just the way it is.. But do remember England isn't any different and that's a fact..

Jee whiz I feel as though I'm Alec Salmond on here sometimes..

I'm actually a Green believe it or not..aft

Got to be good thing.

Might increase the gene pool for all the inbred whanks in Govan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)