+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Ellis to Shrews

Mark Ellis to Shrews

Pleased to see that Ellis has signed for a decent club with a good ground. Also pleased that, possibly apart from cup banana skins, we will not be facing him.

For the Alex - onwards and upwards.

re: Mark Ellis to Shrews

Really pleased for the guy. I would have offered him a deal, but I'm not the Manager.

Good luck to Mark.

I'm surprised he signed for a league 2 side to be honest, like others I thought he could do better. He did say of course that he was settled in the area and wanted to stay, so that may have influenced his choice - OTOH maybe SD knew more than we thought ...

Either way, delighted Mark's settled for next 2 years and for at least one unlikely to come back and haunt us!

See link - view external link

Good luck to him, I would have liked to have kept him.
    He did want to stay in the area and the Shrews are probably good enough to bounce straight back

Really pleased for the guy, genuinely!
    Still think he could have done better, still think like most on here he could still do a job for us - but that's football for you, I'll never quite understand, I thought similar about Artell.

I'm certain he will spearhead (if you can do that from centre half! ) the Shrews promotion push next season!

I also like the fact that the Shrews made Micky Mellon their manager. Proven at a slightly lower level having taken Fleetwood through the lower leagues, and only dismissed because he didn't make it 6 promotions in 8.
    Fleetwood's loss, (not that they will see it that way after Wembley last Monday!), could be Shrewsbury's gain!

I can only say the Crewe team as it stands now is Weaker for his exit! Another struggle ahead!

As alluded to before, we all thought that when SD released Artell, and that turned out to be exactly the right decision as his replacement, one Mark Ellis, was a similar player but better, less injury-prone and quicker.

I was also disappointed that Ellis was released, but understand the reasons for it being the right ones. I suspect that, had Duggy been at the end of his contract, he would have been released and not Ellis. The thread on the 6 or 7 young players being given contracts shows why and the management have stated clearly the type of players they are looking for (GK and forward) and we seem well stocked elsewhere.

Best of luck to Ellis - we all know he is a good lower League 1 player so he should have a cracking season in L2.

Glad that Mark Ellis has got fixed up with a club that should be challenging for promotion. Almost all Crewe supporters are of the same view that they would have kept him but all wish him well now that he has moved elsewhere.

Mark Ellis to Shrews

I think Aston Alex sums it up perfectly Good luck to Mark Ellis.