+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck

re: Wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyo-villa
    Good luck matey, keep us updated as I used to enjoy your round ups before..

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask you all to wish me luck as I haven't played a proper game of football for 20 yrs and I'm playing in a work match soon, 9 aside but 45 mins each way

I'm excited but bloody nervous too
    Good luck Dazzy!

You are a striker if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by stateside
    After two seasons off I am going to take my pudgy self back to Atomic FC to try to win a third championship, albeit in a lower division now.

They have a bunch of new players and look fairly sharp.
    You're a gluten for punishment. Hope you've got a good Physio Have fun mate.

Good luck to you as well, Mr Owen. Just the thought of running for ninety minutes is a good cardio workout for me.

90 minutes? Balls to that. We play sixty and unlimited subbing.

Only six hours or so to go. Getting nervous. Think they'll let me stand still in midfield and spray passes a la Carlos Valderama, the Columbian with all the hair?

I'm getting nervous to Statsie, I got some boots and went to the park last sunday to get the feel of them, me and my lad had a kick around and I must admit even though it's been ages I felt sharp..

Winnie your correct I am a striker, I'm playing up front with a much bigger lad and I will feed of his knock downs... well that's the plan

Sounds like a cunning plan, Mr Owen.

So, Dad, how did you get on last night? Did you hear me and Yubby cheering for you?

I heard you Winnie. All I heard from Australia's direction was a shrill cry as if they'd lost another test series.

I didn't play very well, very quiet game and I tired easily.

We lost on a technicality. One of our outfield players made a bad decision that cost us.

We were down 2 players and had a player from another team play. We were losing 1-0 when one of our players took it on himself to ask another player to join the team. The rules state we forfeit a goal!

That player played about 30 seconds was less than useless when our final player arrived and switched out for the second borrowed player.

We lost 2-1 because we had a useless player for 30 insignificant seconds.

It's all good because we didn't deserve a point anyway.

We were missing two very good players and 1 more player is joining the team in 3 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyo-villa
    I'm getting nervous to Statsie, I got some boots and went to the park last sunday to get the feel of them, me and my lad had a kick around and I must admit even though it's been ages I felt sharp..

Winnie your correct I am a striker, I'm playing up front with a much bigger lad and I will feed of his knock downs... well that's the plan
    Is Oz playing????

Next week Statesy

Well you've got that first one out the way pal.. Explain this technacility then mate? What did your player do..?

Well I'm proper nervous now

Re-read it Daz, it explains it.

How did YOU get on?

Quote Originally Posted by stateside

I didn't play very well, very quiet game and I tired easily.
    But you gave it your all, Dad, and I couldn't fault you (delivered in a Scottish accent).

Seriously, a good effort after a couple of years of not playing. The only thing I can run is the bath! The skill is still there and the fitness will return as you get more games under your belt. Let us know how you get on.

Don't know when your match was/is Dazzy, but as Statesey said, keep us updated!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)