+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wish me luck

re: Wish me luck

A win is still a win, Dad.

Was happy with the win Win. :-)

Oz. no slide tackles. I used to love them too.

Everything else as far as tackles is okay.

You cannot play the ball when you are on the ground However you can slide for a ball if nobody is around. One time I slid to reach a cross and diverted it home. It was allowed because nobody was close to me.

They look good but gee the timing has to be perfect. I can see how legs can break and ligaments can rupture.

A slide on the ball sending it to the back of the net would be a pretty cool feeling.

I've just slid a few times. It's not graceful.

I was just thinking about a goal I scored when I was 19, this morning.

Straight from kick off the ball went to the wing. This kid, last Stephens all I can recall crossed into the middle. I launched myself through the mud with the defender and diverted the ball home.

I ran over to my coaches to celebrate, the entire team was looking pristine in all white and I was head to foot in mud.

I played pretty useless the rest of the game, think we drew 1-1 and I was probably subbed.

That's great effort Statesie.

To remember 65 years ago, maybe you aren't that old.

So I missed last weeks game due to a stomach bug. I got to last nights game & ran into a work colleague watching the ongoing games. She said I hear Atomic is doing well. I said yes, I missed last week and they won 7-2 I read. She said that the score they put down. Heard it was worse than that.

I met my team-mates and apologized for missing the game. But you didn't need me I said. Chris says "last week? Oh that was awful. We went up 5-0 quickly and they stopped trying. But you only won 7-2. No it was more like 16-2. Hey Will, was it 16-2 last week?"

Will thinks then says no more than that. At least 22-2.

This was against a rival the old Atomic struggled with.

We played a new team this week. They had 2 really good players and a few new players that weren't good at all. The team actually took it easy winning 8-3. We gave up another last minute goal. This could come back to bit us in closer games.

Atomic have won 2 titles, but have never been this good. They will most likely pro

Going well did you get any game time?

We pay, so I'd better get some. I got an assist.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)