+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck

Wish me luck

After two seasons off I am going to take my pudgy self back to Atomic FC to try to win a third championship, albeit in a lower division now.

They have a bunch of new players and look fairly sharp.

re: Wish me luck

Dad, I wouldn't have given you third and fourth helpings of Yubby's birthday cake if I'd known you were in training again.

Wishing you lots of good luck for next season (but I'm sure you won't need it). What position do you play?

Good luck Cakeside.

And ease off the competitiveness, we aren't 21 anymore

My best position was keeper, but our keeper is better. I also smashed my wrist a while back in goal so gave it up.
    I play where needed. I prefer not to play with my back to goal so defence is probably my stronger area.

Yubs you are right.

Training though? Was I supposed to train?

Training sorry mate, is really needed, not only for touch and team work. But...

It also helps our aging bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside
    My best position was keeper, but our keeper is better. I also smashed my wrist a while back in goal so gave it up.
    I play where needed. I prefer not to play with my back to goal so defence is probably my stronger area.

Yubs you are right.

Training though? Was I supposed to train?
    There must be somethign in the water on the other side of the pond.

Had an e-mail just yesterday from a mate in Washington State, where the call of the local mexican league was too much for him after a season out. At the age of 50 he reckons he's got two more years before he can reach the magic 100 bookings in his short lifetime of footie stateside.
    Think he's doing some coaching as well. He can't speak a word of Spanish, so lots of fun I guess.

Good luck matey, keep us updated as I used to enjoy your round ups before..

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask you all to wish me luck as I haven't played a proper game of football for 20 yrs and I'm playing in a work match soon, 9 aside but 45 mins each way

I'm excited but bloody nervous too

Good luck Dazzy give us an update as well.

Nuc the Latinos as we call them out here are fun but they never freakin pass. You don't need to speak the language you soon pick stuff up.

They are always yelling tiempo or autre.

I got my training in today Yubs. I installed carpet from 10 am until 9:20 pm and every muscle is screaming already. I only had a power bar (Atkins bars are tremendous. ) in that time and despite drinking a gallon of water it must have sweated out because I never had to use the bathroom in that time either.

I probably will get a kidney stone.

Cross training good thinking Statesie.

Good luck Dazzy, take it easy mate, don't over do it.

re: Wish me

Before I moved to Swansea I was getting quite fit. I played 5 a side every Wednesday at aston power league under spaghetti junction.
    On top of this I did 2 10-12 mile bike rides per week in Sutton Park.
    Mixing cycling and football works a treat Stateside. All the best with it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)