+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Academy Signings

re: Academy Signings

Great news - so he was just away with Wales as suggested and has signed on his return

This really is an excellent time to be a Crewe Alex fan! We've just signed six of our academy grads to pro contracts and are set to sign three more (Charlie Kirk, Ollie Finney and Callum Ainley) when they turn 17.

Is an apology due to Callum ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanAlex
    This really is an excellent time to be a Crewe Alex fan! We've just signed six of our academy grads to pro contracts and are set to sign three more (Charlie Kirk, Ollie Finney and Callum Ainley) when they turn 17.

Glad you mentioned Callum Ainley.
    I only recently learned from my dear old Ma that I went to school with his Mum, (same class as well). I just wasn't aware of her married - until now! Think she's related as well ... distant cousin or summat!?
    Not so remarkable had this been in South Cheshire - but Somerset?
    Small world!

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe1946

I think so - but I doubt you'll see one

Anybody notice Callum's faux pas in saying he wanted to follow on from Nick AND Max in moving on to bigger things!

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe1946
    Absolutely...can't believe how impatient some on here are.

Reading his Tweets and listening to his interview, the opportunity to continue playing and progressing with his mates is important to him.

It's hardly his fault that there's been media speculation about him. He's committed for three years at the earliest opportunity so I'm not sure what more is required?

I'm also delighted with the change of emphasis - this time last year, Waters and Nolan were offered one year deals, with the exception of Pritchard Ellis (who has had injury problems), we've made a long term commitment to all the scholars who have signed pro this summer, Nolan,Waters and Cooper plus the likes of Guthrie,Garratt and Turton - and they have all reciprocated.

The direction we are going in is clearer than ever - some of the loan signings and recruits last summer were palpably 'not as good as what we've got' and the level of con

I thought that the reason why the lad had not signed earlier was because with holiday commitments and then being called up to star for Wales under 19's in Portugal, Saunders was not in the correct place at the right time. Pleased that it was all sorted out. The lad has shown true respect to a club who have spent time and resources on him, by committing for another three years. That is good for both parties.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234