+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time for Max to show true loyalty to the Alex

re: Time for Max to show true loyalty to the Alex

AA's words are music to my ears.

It's time the Alex youngsters were not slaughtered on this board by people who should know better. They've got their way to make in life, for heaven's sake.

There are some who will swallow the received wisdom of Dario and Steve's media briefings hook, line and sinker. But if there's one thing they have control of, in a near moneyless environment, it's the local media.

Steve has great gifts as a persistent negotiator. It is clear that he stalked Grant for a long time, and eventually landed him because of his apostolic zeal rather than the pounds, shillings and pence that the player was offered. Fair play to him, for we have had enough humiliations (Miller et al) in the past, and let him carry on doing this during the summer.

Resolution and closure in the Affaire Clayton will come when they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    AA's words are music to my ears.

It's time the Alex youngsters were not slaughtered on this board by people who should know better. They've got their way to make in life, for heaven's sake.

There are some who will swallow the received wisdom of Dario and Steve's media briefings hook, line and sinker. But if there's one thing they have control of, in a near moneyless environment, it's the local media.

Steve has great gifts as a persistent negotiator. It is clear that he stalked Grant for a long time, and eventually landed him because of his apostolic zeal rather than the pounds, shillings and pence that the player was offered. Fair play to him, for we have had enough humiliations (Miller et al) in the past, and let him carry on doing this during the summer.

Resolution and closure in the Affaire Clayton will come when they will come.
    Who has been slaughtered on here, Vinde and by whom?

This is a discussion about whether M

[quote="AstonAlex"]Only 2 things to add to the entrenched views about Max. Firstly, on the injury front, it shouldn't be forgotten that his father was a top striker with Norwich City when they won the FA Youth Cup. He then ruptured his Achilles' tendon and his potential career was badly affected - in those days the medical care available for such injuries was not as good and he lost a bit of pace, crucial for a striker. Yes, he had a decent career in the lower leagues and non-league, but there must always be a case of what might have been. Hardly surprising what his younger son, having seen his brother fall short of our standards, would want to make the best for himself.

Secondly, it is my opinion that Max was hardly given a fair crack of the whip in the 18 months before he fractured his ankle. He didn't get the pitch time that Powell did, possibly because he was not as advanced physically - Nick was a big lad at 17 whereas Max was built more like a 17 ye

According to the Sentinel report of 21st June, Max has still not indicated one way or another where his future lies next season. The Alex have offered him a 3 year deal, although Davis has not set the player a deadline decision day. However, it would be in the interests of the club for the player to make his mind up sooner rather than later.

Pretty sure we can't set a deadline for him to sign. We have to keep an offer open otherwise we wouldn't be entitled to any compensation should he sign with someone else?

Max is contracted to the Alex until the end of his contract - sorry about the truism, but there it is. That seems fair enough to me: it's just like any other work contract.
    The fact that I'd like him to sign is purely personal. It's his decision

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    Max is contracted to the Alex until the end of his contract - sorry about the truism, but there it is. That seems fair enough to me: it's just like any other work contract.
    The fact that I'd like him to sign is purely personal. It's his decision
    Yes, end of this month. Just reporting what I had read in the local press. The point about him making the decision sooner rather than later in respect to forward planning, was in fact, a point made by Davis in the article.

Happened to look at AlexMick's post of 5 June.

And I find it rather odd that he so often plays the 'disrespect' card.

To say that some supporters swallow the official propaganda disseminated on this site is not insulting. It merely indicates that they are of a trusting and credulous disposition.

That is an appealing trait, and I congratulate you on it, Mick. I simply don't happen to share it with you.

But to talk about 'insulting' and 'disrespectful' and the like is over-egging the cake.

Steve is a smooth operator, but as I said before, is constrained by the 'virtually moneyless environment' in which he is obliged to operate. Not his fault.

So next time that he says the moon is made of green cheese, cut him a bit of interpretive slack, please.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009

Steve is a smooth operator, but as I said before, is constrained by the 'virtually moneyless environment' in which he is obliged to operate. Not his fault.
    Moneyless Environment?

Please not again!

Without the Powell money we would really be up the creek without a paddle!

OTOH maybe Norman has just banked all the transfer proceeds...again!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB

Moneyless Environment?

Please not again!

Without the Powell money we would really be up the creek without a paddle!

OTOH maybe Norman has just banked all the transfer proceeds...again![/quote]

Mike we have been here before with regards to the NP transfer money and what was done with it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast