+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for Max to show true loyalty to the Alex

Time for Max to show true loyalty to the Alex

An offer is on the table and reading the reports, it is a good one at that. In my eyes, for all that the club have done for Max (especially throughout his long injury), I believe it is time for him to stop stalling on signing a contract and commit to the club for the foreseeable future. He is after all a lucky lad to have the opportunity in earning a living as a footballer. Now is the time to give something back.

re: Time for Max to show true loyalty to the Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    An offer is on the table and reading the reports, it is a good one at that. In my eyes, for all that the club have done for Max (especially throughout his long injury), I believe it is time for him to stop stalling on signing a contract and commit to the club for the foreseeable future. He is after all a lucky lad to have the opportunity in earning a living as a footballer. Now is the time to give something back.
    There is more joy in heaven over the one sinner that repenteth than all the ones who need no prompting and have signed on the dotted line in ancient times past.

If you confess your sins, then Dario will forgive them and so will the fans rejoice when the red shirt glows with pride once more.

Footballers are not, generally, going to win Mastermind or run a multi-national business (there are exceptions), and I see the Max and Byron situation in this light. I believe they have both been given poor advice. Money-grabbing advisers? I hope not.
    But Max has every right to further his career wherever he thinks is best, and that, at this stage of his life, must mean being paid the most cash. It's natural and what all young men strive for. The views of spectators are gratifying, but not essential (hence the boos and opprobrium heaped on some visiting players to the Alex who go on to play at other clubs for more than we can afford).

Loyalty is great, but it doesn't pay the bill; and historically I can't see many players for whom it has worked out brilliantly. Most move around.

Personal opinion? Max has not proved himself to those that matter or himself. He needs another season at the Alex.
    Byron? He's a 1st Div player and we are a 1st Div club, so he may as well sign.

We seem to be on the same page again, AL - with Max at least!
    Even though Nicky Maynard's 1st team career was short and sweet, we did at least get one good full season out of him.
    I'd like to see similar from Max - we haven't yet! It will do him good in the long run - but as we all know, money talks!

Not so sure I agree about Byron though.
    He's as inconsistent, and frustrating, as they come but on his day? - well, we all know what he can do on his day!
    He's served his time (and more if I'm honest), he's served his apprenticeship. He at least deserves a crack at the Championship. Not saying it will work though and not even sure if any clubs there would take the plunge!?
    Brentford or Rotherham would be the sort of club for him I think.

But I hope he stays!

Bloomin' 'eck, this debate has migrated from a different thread, on which it could have left to fizzle out, and tickled up again.

This is not a Victorian workhouse in Dickens, with Oliver Twist asking for more, to shock, consternation and exhortations to consider himself lucky to have what he has, but the twenty-first century.

If Max gets any more reminders of where his solemn duty lies, then he genuinely will think "Sod it!" and make every effort to leave.

"Softly, softly, catchee monkey" is the only approach possible for a cash-strapped club like ours.

Thanks, AL and Somerset, for putting this into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    But Max has every right to further his career wherever he thinks is best, and that, at this stage of his life, must mean being paid the most cash. It's natural and what all young men strive for. The views of spectators are gratifying, but not essential

Loyalty is great, but it doesn't pay the bill; and historically I can't see many players for whom it has worked out brilliantly. Most move around.
    At this stage of his life?

Well, he has just started shaving hasn't he and has all his life in front of him. OK footballers career is a relatively short one but how many lads of 20 can earn even L1 or L2 wages which who knows upwards of 50K year and more likely to be double that? At that age I was just completing a 5 year apprenticeship and thought that was an achievement in itself even if the pay was pretty poor.

Its laughable and sad really that Max thinks he is an Ashton or Powell already BEFORE he has given any real decent

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    If Max gets any more reminders of where his solemn duty lies, then he genuinely will think "Sod it!" and make every effort to leave.
    Don't you think he has already made every effort to leave? Do you think he would still be here today had he been made an offer from a PL club?

The day he refused to sign an extension he said..."Sod it"

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Bloomin' 'eck, this debate has migrated from a different thread, on which it could have left to fizzle out, and tickled up again.

This is not a Victorian workhouse in Dickens, with Oliver Twist asking for more, to shock, consternation and exhortations to consider himself lucky to have what he has, but the twenty-first century.

"Softly, softly, catchee monkey" is the only approach possible for a cash-strapped club like ours.

Thanks, AL and Somerset, for putting this into perspective.
    This thread has migrated from another thread concerning Max and his continuing contractual farce. That is because there is no method of searching for old threads anymore on here, so as this issue is in the news once more, I thought I would start off a new discussion. I hope that is alright with you?

I'm sorry but why are we at the mercy of moore and max?

While we are "waiting" to hear back from them other clubs are busy making transfers etc...

Any club who wants max would need to pay a fee anyway so why don't we just say either sign by end of the week or face potentially being left in football wilderness?

Max has done nothing to suggest he is ready even for this level let alone championship / premier!

Moore has been a good servant but lets face it, he and his agent have been after a move for the last few years!

Crewe Alexandra are bigger than 1 or 2 players!!

Agree about setting a time limit. We should be signing players now like a lot of clubs, even Shrewsbury have signed 3 players.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast