+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Keeper on the Horizon

re: New Keeper on the Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    We stayed up despite your posts to the contrary, but you didn't admit you were very wrong, OTT or happy to be wrong.

If I had the time (and energy!) to trawl through all the posts where itwasin was stating we were down weeks before the end of the season, and post them again in one thread, I need pages to accommodate them.

At a time when we needed positive vibes from supporters, he was a ring-leader to the contrary ... ... which makes you think ... ...!! [/quote] - view external link

Fear of what ...?? ... ... YOU??

Fear of what ...?? ... ... YOU?? [/quote]

*to the tune of Deck the Halls*

Troll-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol-looooooollll

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Never one positive!

We can mostly all be, in times of stress, overly pessimistic but when we're wrong for that we say so. This fella hates everything we do, which is weird as we're so successful - Wembley, Wembley, Stay up.

Dunno why mick is sticking up for him? Boards are for banter too.
    I wasn't actually sticking up for "him", but there have been genuine Crewe supporters on here who have had to put up with uncalled for insults, just because of their opinions. Nothing wrong with good hearted banter, but sometimes certain poster cross the line and things become personal. This refers to not just the present time but in the distant past too. By the way, I have not lifted that from the Sentinel (other papers are available).

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Never one positive!

We can mostly all be, in times of stress, overly pessimistic but when we're wrong for that we say so. This fella hates everything we do, which is weird as we're so successful - Wembley, Wembley, Stay up.

I wasn't actually sticking up for "him", but there have been genuine Crewe supporters on here who have had to put up with uncalled for insults, just because of their opinions. Nothing wrong with good hearted banter, but sometimes certain poster cross the line and things become personal. This refers to not just the present time but in the distant past too. By the way, I have not lifted that from the Sentinel (other papers are available). [/quote]

Fair enough mick, not me then I am nice as pie to normal posters and regular posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Never one positive!

I wasn't actually sticking up for "him", but there have been genuine Crewe supporters on here who have had to put up with uncalled for insults, just because of their opinions. Nothing wrong with good hearted banter, but sometimes certain poster cross the line and things become personal. This refers to not just the present time but in the distant past too. By the way, I have not lifted that from the Sentinel (other papers are available). [/quote]

Fair enough mick, not me then I am nice as pie to normal posters and regular posters.[/quote]

Correct,

Anyone know any news re: NEW KEEPER ON THE HORIZON??????

Quote Originally Posted by gazan
    Anyone know any news re: NEW KEEPER ON THE HORIZON??????
    New to the mix that being Ian Bennett ex-Brum and last club was Huddersfield Town even though he's 42.

Also former Stoke and Everton keeper Steve Simonsen (38), former Millers keeper Scott Shearer (33) and former Man City and Stockport County keeper Carlo Nash (40).

Take your pick?

From that list, Scott Shearer should be the choice. Mainly due to being younger rather than the experience that some of the others have.

I'm not pretending that his is in the hat, but a surprise development north of the border is that 31-y-o Kevin Cuthbert is leaving Hamilton Accies.

Cuthbert was the hero of the penalty shoot-out against Hibees, but in spite of the lure of the Premiership, wasn't prepared to accept the new terms offered.

Coming from Hamilton, he must no doubt have bought in to the player development ethos that has produced McCarthy and McArthur in recent years.

Could we make him the kind of offer that would appeal? Maybe not, if he wants to be the number one, but the 42-y-o sounds a bit long in the tooth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast