+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 100mil development gets green light

100mil development gets green light

heard this afternoon from a mate who works at the reebok that the big development will be confirmed Monday.not sure what it means for the club don't no if the club benefit in a big way or not at all does anyone have a view on this and what it all means for bwfc?

re: 100mil development gets green light

I'ts obviously a money making scheme, whether it will be, is another matter

All i'm really interested in is what happens on the pitch and getting away from the Reebok asap after the game without being stuck on the Car Park

Bolton Wanderers' £100 million 'Middlebrook Masterplan' is approved
    1:38pm Friday 6th June 2014 in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author By Elaine O'Flynn, politics reporter .

The Bolton News: Middlebrook Masterplan development plans Key: purple — housing red — sports facilities yellow — education premisesMiddlebrook Masterplan development plans Key: purple — housing red — sports facilities yellow — education premises

BOLTON Wanderers’ plans for a £100 million sports, education, housing and office development have been approved after years of negotiations.

The so-called Middlebrook Masterplan will see a new free sports academy for up to 500 pupils built next to the stadium, as well as 200 apartments, a 60-bed hotel and a wealth of offices a

So many different ways to answer it whatsmore.

I see it this way

- sports facilities in this country have been run down to a shockingly low level by successive governments so anything like this is more than welcome. Well run facilities that gets kids interested in sports rather than takin drugs, getting pissed and smashing up bus shelters is good
    - councils worrying about office space being taken away from town centres should realise that out-of-town retail and office parks are blossoming because people are sick to the back teeth of councils fking motorists over with parking charges
    - councils worrying about the state of a school? Take a look at current schools!! Fk me, the Soviet Union in the 50's/60's had better schools than we have now
    - will it benefit BWFC? Who knows? Academies in general haven't benefited clubs in general so there's no reason to assume that this will be any different

If it makes money for the club and generally improves the town and it's facilities then great.

Who's actually financing this 100 million development? Surely it can't be the club/Eddie, as we're 160 million plus in debt. Maybe we're not so skint after all, if Eddie is going to finance this?

The development wouldn't affect us in the FFP rules, I believe, as we wouldn't be spending the money on team strengthening.

It's a joint venture between Burnden Leisure and Bolton Arena Trust, so obviously BWFC are not skint, to be fair they have always maintained that it was not too serious ie most of the debt is owed to Eddie Davies

well that's quite enlightening there chaps,overall it does seem bwfc will benefit but on a small scale compared to the development on the whole.what im still bit unsure about though is burnden leisure along with grants are putting money into the venture but I thought finantialy the club was on its @rse so is it just more gartslime orientated dodgy accounting were at some point in the future he will be saying to her majestys inspector of taxes,well I lied about the cost to make the fans have a happy summer after a dismal season under dismal dougie,but hey will you just have say 15million to cover it even though we er probably don't owe that much but its a jesture of goodwill like the 1.8 million I gave you guys for the v.a.t shambles which ofcourse we didn't owe you but you can have it anyway

I think there has been a lot of creative accounting but to what ends I don't really know. There is no way Bolton could be losing 50 million pounds last year. Gars***e is a tw*t, at the VAT hearing he said Bolton had done nothing wrong but agreed to pay 1.8 because it had "gone on too long!", yeah right Phil.
    Can't blame Eddie Davies for not spending big money on the team at the moment ,he must be fed up of throwing money away on crap players and managers. Mears, Ngog, Elmader etc, he just got nothing back, did we not eventually get compensation for Muamba?, but he must be in cahoots with the slimey one as he would have been sacked long ago, this scheme is some part of some dastardly plan, anyway hope the money is there again if Freedman gains Davies's trust.

There has to be more to the debt than what meets the eye if we can afford this project.

Either that or we think that the answer to get the debt down is to throw even more money at it.

this is a scheme that under uk and european grants will bring in lots of money and probably restore some of eddies money to the ammount of either 100,000,000 A£ or euros

which is good for eddie but not for the club cos if anyone did coe in and buy bolton it restricts

what they may have plans to want to do with commercial ideas and schools don't earn money and as they are schools for sports science then it aint working well for bolton wanderers or if they are schools for sports and business studies then again eddie and gartside ain't leading by exaple with putting the club into 168 million worth of dept.

it will teach the students how to asset strip good business s and deal with weak personalities who don't have the bottle to stand up and fight for their rights or views and how to swipe them aside.

In my opinion it's a load of B ollocks and is a scam !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)