+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D Day Veterans

re: D Day Veterans

Why is ***** starred?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal
    D-day and the storming of the beaches of Normandy is indeed beyond comprehension in terms of it's brutality, bloodshed and the sheer bravery of the men involved. I simply could not imagine putting myself in a position where i know it is probable that i will be killed or injured. Incredible.

On the immigration point I have to go with Bongo. So many companies rely on them simply because they cant the Brits to do the job. I think you'll find there are more British benefit scroungers than there are from the EU. Blaming immigrants for the ills if the country us akin to Hitler blaming the jews for the ills of Germany...and we're back the D-day. I think its fair to say a peaceful Europe working in partnership economically, socially and politically is actually exactly what the men of d-day gave up their lives for.
    So go with the USA system - you need a job to enter, then if you are not worki

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Villan
    Why is ***** starred?
    Because it means the same as ****

Immigrants who work and contribute to the system I have no issues with at all, it's the likes of the somarlians who come over her have 5,6 kids ect and have no intention of supporting them via the working system, why should they when the powers that be give it them for free, this country will in years to come regret the open border policy that's happening now as the English people born and bred will be in the minority, England is now the dumping ground for the crap of the world because they now have more rights than we will ever be afforded again, and get priority in benefits,housing, and free medical treatment, England a Muslim state sounds daft now but will it in 20 years time?

I guess the fact that we are all able to freely debate the issue of immigration and criticise the government means that the service men's sacrifices were not entirely in vain. As Oz said, the consequences of the mission failing are unimaginable ...

My own disappointment is the way in which that generation were/are treated as elderly citizens - left to freeze to death in winter as they can't afford the fuel bills, denied certain life improving medical treatments as they are deemed too old etc. Once essential to the future of this country - now deemed expendable.

A great aunt of mine was a nurse who went out there in the aftermath of D Day to care for the injured soldiers. I remember asking her about it when I was a child. All I got were light hearted quips, which were soon followed by a haunted look in her eyes. I never asked her again ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)