+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow on the uptake?

re: Slow on the uptake?

MikeSB. You are correct, I believe, in questioning the status quo, but where, in my opinion, you fall down is the constant stream of negativity in almost every post.
    If you have nothing positive to say about the club you support then is it any wonder that fellow fans question your loyalty.
    Your posts remind me of those people I unfortunately sit with at away games who spend nearly two full hours moaning and whinging, carping and heckling - and then jump to their feel and applaud when we score. I find those guys irritants. I hope you are not like them.

Shrewsbury: They are taking a huge risk on getting back up, hoping for a top-of-the-table place and crowds that reflect that position. They have been bank-rolled to do this and have a 1st team budget of 1.5 million. It is a BIG risk as they will have made huge losses this season. They will come up, but then they have to try to trim that bill and stay up - it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Good luck to them and well done on finding a sum of money from benefactors to do this. Are their signings any good? Who knows, but they'll be on CAFC top whack or more; But we're in League 1

As for us and our money. I imagine our budget is just shy of a million and then Academy costs of about 600k - not hard to see "where the money goes" but we have a lovely little ground, a very progressive and stable, hard-working staff and a very good Academy.

The other point is, due to our fab Academy lads coming through, is this a good time for SD to be bringing in players on 2 year deals? If he does th

No, I don't moan at matches mate..

Its when the club tell us we are overchieving at L1 level and have no money to spend..

IF that is the case. Lets ditch the academy at 600K a year and be like Walsall and Oldham who pay better wages and can afford a 29 year old who ran rings around the lot of us a few months ago..

I wonder if you would be so praising this ethos of our club had we gone down as we probably deserved to and after we banked 3-4-5 million the year or two before? I don't really mind but what really winds me up is hearing and reading we have no money...

God help the the rest if that is the case. The thing is I don't believe it anyway.

Until someone at the club comes clean about that missing million(s) then who can blame anyone for being skeptical about where the money goes?

We are operating like some lower L2 club and worse than most commercially..

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Spot on Mike SB. The Academy is only run for the Hangers On.and Stormin Norman business,The Team gets very little benifit, as if there any good there Gone in 60 seconds.
    Well done, you have won the "stupid post of the year" award AND the "I'm a bell-end award". Congrats.[/quote] - view external link

And this one wins "thick" award.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    No, I don't moan at matches mate..

Its when the club tell us we are overchieving at L1 level and have no money to spend..

IF that is the case. Lets ditch the academy at 600K a year and be like Walsall and Oldham who pay better wages and can afford a 29 year old who ran rings around the lot of us a few months ago..

I wonder if you would be so praising this ethos of our club had we gone down as we probably deserved to and after we banked 3-4-5 million the year or two before? I don't really mind but what really winds me up is hearing and reading we have no money...

God help the the rest if that is the case. The thing is I don't believe it anyway.

Until someone at the club comes clean about that missing million(s) then who can blame anyone for being skeptical about where the money goes?

We are operating like some lower L2 club and worse than most commercially..
    Missing millions? I think you make the amount up AND how cheap it i

The reality is, we either do it this way and enjoy our own players, the sales to other clubs and the coverage that brings (we are ALL so proud when ex players/our club gets a mention), the continued life of "having a pro-club to support" AND one in Lg1 (unlike the mighty SHREWS hey lol), or we spend silly on short-term success (which is????) and suffer eventually (as all clubs seem to).

I love Crewe being Crewe, you don't MikeSB et al. Easy then, unfortunate but easy, go support a club that does it the way YOU want - surely?

Or do you like moaning...

Funny how quiet some went in the last 6 games and after the last game

Shrewsbury have just sold their best player to Peterborough

not Man U, Villa or Leeds...Peterborough

Once again we have the Academy - good or bad? debate . . and it seems to be Mike SB and iwasin (sorry to lump you together with that idiot, Mike; I may not agree with you but at least you make an argument rather than make cheap, abusive remarks).

The fact of the matter is we have an Academy and its the way we do it, and it aint gonna change whilst John Bowler is Chairman and Dario is on the board. Incidentally, the remark that Dario has retired yet still gets a six figure salary is both dishonest and well wide of the mark. He may not be first team manager but I suspect he spends as much time at the football club as anyone else. Added to which, without him we would not be in the Football League.

In the 10 seasons prior to his appointment our average league position was the worst of any club in the League (87th out of 92) and, until the past 5 or 6 years had consistently risen. Granted, the first few years' success was based on top league rejects (Platt, Lennon, Hignett, Savage e

Well why dont Bowler and Gradi and the Rest speak up about it then? staying silent makes one think There all in it Together!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast