+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T D Day

re: O/T D Day

Regarding Bernard Jordan this story is a warning about believing antyhing you read in the press. He was not 'banned' from going. The home attempted to get him on an official trip but his application was too late. They then offered to take him to france but he preferred to make his own way. He's fully compis mentis and the home would have no right or interest in preventing him doing as he wished. He's also the ex-mayor and he never suggested on Radio 4 this morning that he'd been in any way coerced or prevented by the nursing home.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes
    Regarding Bernard Jordan this story is a warning about believing antyhing you read in the press. He was not 'banned' from going. The home attempted to get him on an official trip but his application was too late. They then offered to take him to france but he preferred to make his own way. He's fully compis mentis and the home would have no right or interest in preventing him doing as he wished. He's also the ex-mayor and he never suggested on Radio 4 this morning that he'd been in any way coerced or prevented by the nursing home.

Always someone wants to rain on the parade.

Crashbang, I don't understand your cryptic comment. My comments were perfectly reasonable in the context of Magyar's statement regarding BJ.
    I don't want to fall out with anyone on here but I've noticed you are regularly aggressive and dismissive of other posters views. Grow up lad.

Crashbang, I don't understand your cryptic comment. My comments were perfectly reasonable in the context of Magyar's statement regarding BJ.
    I don't want to fall out with anyone on here but I've noticed you are regularly aggressive and dismissive of other posters views. Grow up lad.

Show me an aggressive post.

Sorry, I can't be bothered. Too busy choosing the Derby winner.

Sorry, I can't be bothered. Too busy choosing the Derby winner.

Put up or shut up as the saying goes.

All that CAM said ...

Sorry to bump this after almost 3 months but just yesterday I found out what a small world it is. It turns out that Bernard Jordan is in fact related to Mrs CA and she remembers him being quite a character when they visited him in Brighton when she was young. Don't know if it's a reflection on Mrs CA's family but Bernard and his wife Renee used to hide and pretend not to be in whenever folks visited

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    Sorry to bump this after almost 3 months but just yesterday I found out what a small world it is. It turns out that Bernard Jordan is in fact related to Mrs CA and she remembers him being quite a character when they visited him in Brighton when she was young. Don't know if it's a reflection on Mrs CA's family but Bernard and his wife Renee used to hide and pretend not to be in whenever folks visited

under the kitchen table no doubt.

Just one of the astonishing stories,
    Operation Pedestal.
    Just a brief here , but worth looking for a full account of what happened.
    Beyond belief. Not D.Day , but it was for Malta. - view external link

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast