+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer gossip

re: Transfer gossip

Sky Sports understands Wigan are leading the race to sign Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz. The likes of Derby, Brighton and Bolton have all been credited with an interest in signing Jutkiewicz, but Wigan appear to be in pole position to land the former Everton youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Methven

It doesn't, straigt to the docs if I was you twofooted must be slipping, he should have been on that like a *** mad mongrel on boyceeees leg.
    I can't be on here 24 hrs a day tha knows World Cup's on telly.

Btw Jean came on start of second half Then they lost the game but still got through unlike our set of cu.nts

Quote Originally Posted by twofootedchallenge

It doesn't, straigt to the docs if I was you twofooted must be slipping, he should have been on that like a *** mad mongrel on boyceeees leg.
    I can't be on here 24 hrs a day tha knows World Cup's on telly.

Btw Jean came on start of second half Then they lost the game but still got through unlike our set of cu.nts [/quote]

What do you think they have half time for? And theres hardly been much happening in the England games as there, at this moment we are being held by Costa Bloody Rica.

Wigan have agreed a fee with Newcastle for defender James Tavernier, Sky Sports understands.

Youv"e signed a reight player in TAVS!!
    As a Rotherham fan i"m gutted you beat us to him.

Wigan Athletic manager Uwe Rosler has said that the club have made bids for two more players.

ssn

Latics sign Spanish frontman

Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce that striker Oriol Riera has signed for the club for an undisclosed fee from Spanish side Osasuna, subject to international clearance.

The 27-year-old, who turns 28 on Thursday, underwent a medical at the DW Stadium over the weekend and has now put pen to paper on a three-year deal until the summer of 2017.

Riera is a proven marksman at La Liga level in Spain, where he began his career in the same Barcelona B squad as Jordi Gomez.

Uwe Rosler is thrilled to have netted his man, commenting on Riera’s arrival, he said: “He netted the majority of the goals for Osasuna last season and shone out in a difficult season for the club.

“I think our fans will like him; he is very direct and physical, good in the air, a real worker, but also has an eye for goal, scoring the majority of his goals inside the box – he has attracted the attention of many clubs and we are delighted he has agreed to join us.

“He is in the prime

Latics’ latest summer addition James Tavernier says he is delighted to finally complete his move to the DW Stadium.

The 22-year-old has signed a three-year deal after being on manager Uwe Rosler’s radar for some time.

And the former Newcastle United man, who was also schooled at Leeds United, says his aim now is to return Latics to the Premier League.

“It has been a long summer and I’ve been waiting a long time to finalise the deal,” he said. “Now that it has been completed, I am delighted.

“Wigan Athletic are a Premier League club and I’ve always known them to be a Premier League club and hopefully I can help to help get us back where we belong.

“Leeds and Newcastle are obviously big clubs and going into another big team like Wigan is great for me; the club have the same mentality and desire for success - I’m very happy.”

Tavernier spent the majority of last season on loan at Rotherham United and helped the Millers to gain promotion to the Sky Bet Championship via the Play-offs

Rakish Bingham has been released by Wigan and is now believed to be on trial at Bournemouth.

And someone is having fun on Twitter quoting an "inside source" saying that Wigan are going to sign Antonio Nocerino. The fact that his wages are probably equal to our entire budget is being overlooked.

More realistically, it's now supposed to be a straight shoot out between ourselves and our broke-ass near neighbours Noblot for signing Jutkiewitz after Derby pulled out.

Uwe Rosler says he is still keen to bolster the Wigan Athletic squad in midfield and attack before the new season. Rosler has already made five signings this summer but a number of players are currently sidelined due to injury, with Shaun Maloney, Ben Watson, Chris McCann and James McArthur all in the treatment room and new recruit Don Cowie still working on his fitness.

Maloney again wtf's gooin on at aw

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)