+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to Byron then

re: Farewell to Byron then

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    I actually agree with A.L.Byron has been ok but am sure he can do better.The C.A.team is getting weaker by the week Have we sign anyone yet? good sellers poor buyers!but whats New!
    Must admit we are looking very weak right now!

think weve had our moneys worth from Byron

played in patches - but not the worse wide man weve had - just look at park - who was well rated and an international

colly fit or inman on form and TRICKY would be on bench

murdock coming up

so front 3

colly - pogba - inman ?

colly - ? - pogba

remember Byron the grass is greener etc

now lets buy that big striker we need

someone who can head the ball naturally
    with a bit of power and presents

Its a shame we can't offer more than the Vale, but they have an owner who reluctantly puts money in, we have Stormin Norman. I believe the Vale have a budget of £1.2 million whereas ours is under £1 million. I imagine the main difference between the 2 clubs is that Vale have been in administration on 2 occasions.

So good luck to Byron, 300 appearances for a club these days is really good, not sure there are too many players over the years that have achieved that at Crewe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper
    Its a shame we can't offer more than the Vale, but they have an owner who reluctantly puts money in, we have Stormin Norman. I believe the Vale have a budget of £1.2 million whereas ours is under £1 million. I imagine the main difference between the 2 clubs is that Vale have been in administration on 2 occasions.

So good luck to Byron, 300 appearances for a club these days is really good, not sure there are too many players over the years that have achieved that at Crewe.
    Last Season our playing budget was £2.4 Million. However Smurf said he wasn't prepared to carry on ploughing money in and this Season we would have to live within our means. He has since scrapped the development squad saving £300,000 and has forecast a playing budget of £1.9mil, depending on if we sell the same amount of Season Tickets as last Season.

Taken from the Sentinel link

http://www.portvaleonline.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14689

Smurthwaite has revealed he's discussed next year's player-wage budget with the manager, a figure he expects to be A£1.9m, if the club can match last year's 4,300 season-ticket sales.

Vale's current player-wage budget is A£2.4m, but that includes A£300,000 for the development squad of young players, which will be scrapped at the end of the season.

The Vale will do him good especially with the wider pitch as Micky Adams will MOTIVATE him,or he will soon find the Bench, M.A tell them straight. Thats what we lack at C.A. a MR MOTIVATOR,players seem to fall asleep when they come to Crewe Brad a typical example,must be something wrong with the set up somewhere ?

Crewe fan, my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by onemickyaddams

Smurthwaite has revealed he's discussed next year's player-wage budget with the manager, a figure he expects to be Ai1.9m, if the club can match last year's 4,300 season-ticket sales.

Vale's current player-wage budget is Ai2.4m, but that includes Ai300,000 for the development squad of young players, which will be scrapped at the end of the season.
    If that is true OMA, and you'd know better than I or other Crewe fans, then that is a big budget and not what Mickey was spouting all season on in the media "bottom 6 budget...". Your figures would be top half budget last season and this.

What happens when Smurf get tired of shelling out? I'd say it is POs or bust for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB

Vale have been in Admin TWICE in recent years and are supposed to be still losing tens if not hundreds of thousands per year and yet once again we see players like Moore getting substantially more pay than we can offer players.

I dunno but something is radically wrong either with their model or ours? Or both?
    And the answer (obviously) is Mike...

No admins for us, no bank breaking, a healthy and well planned future, the joy of seeing real Crewe lads turn out in red.

Sometimes Mike (a lot lately) your hatred for the Alex and our 30+ year system is making you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by onemickyaddams

Smurthwaite has revealed he's discussed next year's player-wage budget with the manager, a figure he expects to be A£1.9m, if the club can match last year's 4,300 season-ticket sales.

Vale's current player-wage budget is A£2.4m, but that includes A£300,000 for the development squad of young players, which will be scrapped at the end of the season.
    ...and yet you're still losing players to Gillingham and (possibly) S****horpe. With no development squad.

Don't see how that is a sustainable strategy.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast