+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to Byron then

re: Farewell to Byron then

It isn't I doubt, Smurf's last season if they don't get the gates he needs and success on pitch - hence mental mickey only given 12 month roller

I will not criticise a fine servant for the Alex. He has shown loyalty in the fact that he has played almost 300 games for the club in the 7 years he has been a professional. It is a long time since an Alex player has done that. I always liked Byron, not just for his skilful play and superb ball control / body movement, but also because he was a gentleman on the field of play. Rarely booked, does not feign injury and I cannot remember him getting sent off. He will be missed. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I will not criticise a fine servant for the Alex. He has shown loyalty in the fact that he has played almost 300 games for the club in the 7 years he has been a professional. It is a long time since an Alex player has done that. I always liked Byron, not just for his skilful play and superb ball control / body movement, but also because he was a gentleman on the field of play. Rarely booked, does not feign injury and I cannot remember him getting sent off. He will be missed. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Like[/quote]
    Ditto

Byron has been a decent player for the Alex with some highs and, equally, some lows.
    We know how some of the opposition have stopped him playing so we just need to employ a similar tactic if he comes back with his new team. Possibly a juicy 50-50 with Duggy in the first minute should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    like x 2.

Don't have an issue with how it's been handled on either side.

We made him an offer which reflected the value we put on his ability and the constraints of our budget, he thought about it for a bit, we set a deadline, he responded with a week to spare which allows us ample time to make alternative plans.

He's 25, unlikely to reach elite level and therefore should look to maximise his earnings while he can. I would n't be surp

Quote Originally Posted by DGFG
    like x 2.

Don't have an issue with how it's been handled on either side.

We made him an offer which reflected the value we put on his ability and the constraints of our budget, he thought about it for a bit, we set a deadline, he responded with a week to spare which allows us ample time to make alternative plans.

He's 25, unlikely to reach elite level and therefore should look to maximise his

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs

Vale have been in Admin TWICE in recent years and are supposed to be still losing tens if not hundreds of thousands per year and yet once again we see players like Moore getting substantially more pay than we can offer players.

I dunno but something is radically wrong either with their model or ours? Or both?
    And the answer (obviously) is Mike...

No admins for us, no bank breaking, a healthy and well planned future, the joy of seeing real Crewe lads turn out in red.

Sometimes Mike (a lot lately) your hatred for the Alex and our 30+ year system is making you look stupid.[/quote]

Ermm, hatred of the Alex mate?

I have a different opinion on the academy and always have and so how does that make me hate the club or Dario's system or even the academy?

I just happen to think that we have taken 30 millions in trsnsfer fees which is a success in itself as a money generator but not to be

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe99
    Byron has been a decent player for the Alex with some highs and, equally, some lows.
    We know how some of the opposition have stopped him playing so we just need to employ a similar tactic if he comes back with his new team. Possibly a juicy 50-50 with Duggy in the first minute should do the trick

Now come on!! We can debate Byron's contribution and value - I am not an admirer but I realise not everyone agrees. However no-one following Crewe can ever have seen Byron even consider a 50:50 with ANYONE - let alone a combative player who would make two of him. He has spent at least 3 seasons keeping himself in shape and out of trouble ready to move on for free. If he goes to Vale then his commitment to their cause will be called into question as Vale fans and the manager will expect real bottle and competitiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXKNOWALL

Now come on!! We can debate Byron's contribution and value - I am not an admirer but I realise not everyone agrees. However no-one following Crewe can ever have seen Byron even consider a 50:50 with ANYONE - let alone a combative player who would make two of him. He has spent at least 3 seasons keeping himself in shape and out of trouble ready to move on for free. If he goes to Vale then his commitment to their cause will be called into question as Vale fans and the manager will expect real bottle and competitiveness?[/quote]

Well said..Byron wasn't booked because he didn't get invo

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast