+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 12 Man Brazil

12 Man Brazil

2 goalkeeper errors, a dubious penalty. We'll it is obvious that the ref was scared of giving anything against brazil, so it looks like they will rob a few more teams. They would have been taken apart by some of the other teams and Croatia will feel robbed today by the ref and there own keeper. I don.t think Brazil are anything to worry about, but it will be 12 Man Brazil in all of there games I,m afraid. On last nights showing we have nothing to fear from them

re: 12 Man Brazil

Zig zag, I'd agree with you. Their equaliser came out of no where. When they went 2-1 up I was confused. The Croats hadn't looked like conceding in a month of Sundays.
    Very, very lucky and 3-1 flattered them in an extreme. I'm sure they'll believe they was brilliant, but a better team would have rolled them last night.

And so it begins... it didn't take long to see the first conning of an official in order to gain a major advantage.
    No doubt there will be dozens more as the tournament goes on - it's top of the list for me in the list of reasons to fall out with football. I detest it.
    Where was that ref from anyway? Tibet or summat

Quote Originally Posted by dam617
    And so it begins... it didn't take long to see the first conning of an official in order to gain a major advantage.
    No doubt there will be dozens more as the tournament goes on - it's top of the list for me in the list of reasons to fall out with football. I detest it.
    North Korea. Sum Ting Wong

I don't think the officials were biased, they just weren't very good!

I've seen worse in the football league though.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617
    It may surprise you that he's Asia's No 2 referee and among the top 10 in the world.

Now why the decision? I'm guessing that he because he refereed Brazil's last WC Cup game against Holland. If you remember that game, he sent a Brazilian player off with Holland coming behind from 0-1 down to win.

Home crowd and I think he was psychologically affected.

Quote Originally Posted by zidazaga
    2 goalkeeper errors, a dubious penalty. We'll it is obvious that the ref was scared of giving anything against brazil, so it looks like they will rob a few more teams. They would have been taken apart by some of the other teams and Croatia will feel robbed today by the ref and there own keeper. I don.t think Brazil are anything to worry about, but it will be 12 Man Brazil in all of there games I,m afraid. On last nights showing we have nothing to fear from them
    In addition to what I wrote above the referee, you observed the most glaring thing - dodgy performance by Pletikosa.
    I know bookmakers and match fixers, and his performance looked dodgy.

But 1 thing, we mustn't write Brazil off. This was a crucial win and unlike the last tourney, they have come from behind to win - a huge psychological boost.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972
    I don't think the officials were biased, they just weren't very good!

I've seen worse in the football league though.
    It'll be interesting to see if he gets another game. The opener is always given to a top referee, but he seldom does the Final.
    As said he's Asia's No 2. The No 1 is from Uzbekistan - he did the opener in S Africa and a semi-final (plus a Rd of 16).

So there's a high chance he might get the gig for July 13th.

Now 1 thing I don't like about the English press is how they love to go on about referees when England is the unfortunate (but sometimes justified) recipient of a 'bad decision.'

Unfortunate - the goal against Germany
    Justified - Euro 2004 - Urs Meier ruling out Campbell's goal.

But when England benefits like the 'ghost goal' for Ukraine in Euro 2012, the press kept strangely muted.
    It's never good to go on about referees, that's why Mr Clough rightly never uttered a bad word about them.