+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OK, what next?

OK, what next?

New feller-

With this man and Fryup signed, what else do we need/ or not need?

I'd like to see Guedioura return. Him and Lansbury were superb together and I don't believe Vaughan has the full season in him. A right winger as back up/development may be prudent.
    Due to the length of their absence, I think folks have forgotten about, Wilson/Cohen/Hobbs/ and to a degree Reid and Lansbury.
    Those 5 alone, will be like new signings and had they not been crocked, we would have finished much stronger.

Opinions?

re: OK, what next?

there are few better right wingers then garath mcleary in this league, i reckon brake the bank for him to drop the ball on lars head.

Quote Originally Posted by collymoreses***fan
    there are few better right wingers then garath mcleary in this league, i reckon brake the bank for him to drop the ball on lars head.

It's...break...

Quote Originally Posted by collymoreses***fan
    Isn't dropping the ball on a strikers head what we have Reidy for.

Not saying I would love to see Garath come back, but as a crosser he isn't in the same league as Andy.

Assuming we play 4-4-2 this season, I think Pato and Reidy will be out wide, so I think we just need a decent option, Chris Burke fits the bill for me.

I like the shape of the team already with these 2.

We should sell Darlow and Lascelles and use the funds to buy say another 3-4 players.

Oh yes and also to pay the milkman and tea ladies.

GK Darlow, DeVries, Evtimov
    RB Lichaj
    CB Hobbs, Wilson, Lascelles, Collins, Halford
    LB Fox, Harding, Cohen

MF Reid, Paterson, Lansbury, Vaughan, Osborn, Abdoun, Mackie, Majewski, McLaughlin

ST Fryatt, Veldwijk, Cox, Henderson, Blackstock, Djebbour

We need RB cover/ competition, Peltier?

Other than that, I would say there are a few players that we are looking to move on. If successful, we need to replace them directly, maybe one less forward, one less LB and loan out a couple of the midfielders. But otherwise the squad is big enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972
    GK Darlow, DeVries, Evtimov
    RB Lichaj
    CB Hobbs, Wilson, Lascelles, Collins, Halford
    LB Fox, Harding, Cohen

MF Reid, Paterson, Lansbury, Vaughan, Osborn, Abdoun, Mackie, Majewski, McLaughlin

ST Fryatt, Veldwijk, Cox, Henderson, Blackstock, Djebbour

We need RB cover/ competition, Peltier?

Other than that, I would say there are a few players that we are looking to move on. If successful, we need to replace them directly, maybe one less forward, one less LB and loan out a couple of the midfielders. But otherwise the squad is big enough now.
    Just a little to disagree, I think Djebbour wasn't signed permanently as earlier believed and if so, should be released. If not then obviously he gets another chance.
    Blackstock I wonder if he's in breach of his contract - if an option to terminate exists, then we should bid him adieu, unless SP sees something in him, we don't.

Have we released Majewski? I like him but he's really been in las

If you want them, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

Just a little to disagree, I think Djebbour wasn't signed permanently as earlier believed and if so, should be released. If not then obviously he gets another chance.
    Blackstock I wonder if he's in breach of his contract - if an option to terminate exists, then we should bid him adieu, unless SP sees something in him, we don't.

Have we released Majewski? I like him but he's really been in last chance saloon for a long time. As for Abdoun, I dunno if he wants to stay or whether he can stay after what transpired last time around.

Peltier will be a good option, but is he prepared to play 2nd fiddle to Lichaj?

I think Cox should be sold and a replacement found.
    So another striker at least to replace the aforementioned 2, add another if Cox leaves. Could be an academy player or loanee even.

1 more midfielder/wide player or DM.

And obviously if Darlow is sold, then we must buy.
    I think there was some confusion but I think we are ob

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972

Have we released Majewski? I like him but he's really been in last chance saloon for a long time. As for Abdoun, I dunno if he wants to stay or whether he can stay after what transpired last time around.

Peltier will be a good option, but is he prepared to play 2nd fiddle to Lichaj?

I think Cox should be sold and a replacement found.
    So another striker at least to replace the aforementioned 2, add another if Cox leaves. Could be an academy player or loanee even.

1 more midfielder/wide player or DM.

And obviously if Darlow is sold, then we must buy.
    I thin