+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May be meant as a joke, But...

May be meant as a joke, But...

Is a comment like this really funny?

macstop
    User is Online
    Liked: 11 times in 7 posts
    Reserves
    5 year member

Posted 11 Jun 2014 14:42
    re: Hereford Utd Expelled from Conference
    Today Hereford...tomorrow ? has anyone ever been expelled from the Championship before

Any football club going under is a tragedy.
    Obviously, it's aimed at us, but there is worse clubs than us, ie Bolton.
    I think they have short memories. Today it is Hereford, only a few short years ago it was them and their begging buckets.
    Pot and kettle pies.

re: May be meant as a joke, But...

Tricky my old mate, I have enjoyed a bit of banter with you in the past & find many of your obvious wind ups amusing but you are in danger of becoming obsessed! You seem to be on a one man campaign to keep this forum going (I don't blame you it was a damn good forum) but I think that your constant trawling of NCM may have the opposite effect. You can only hide behind the "I am only fishing to see how many Car booters are looking in" excuse so many times before it becomes boring, so please either join another Red forum or rejoin? ours.

Eh, it was a valid point for me.

Do you think a club in trouble and vanishing is good chit chat, no matter who it is? That is exactly why I raised the point.

Whatever you think is up to you mucker. I'll tell you the way I see it.It's ok for any Notts fan to make a comment/joke/piss take/slaughter on NCM about Forest.
    Yet if I or anyone for that matter does so on here, it's obsession and value for comment?
    Read our board. Make notes then go back and comment.
    Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Most of us couldn't care less about 3rd division clubs or their fans...

Understandable.

I mean it's not like you've ever been a 3rd division club is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    Understandable.

Ok, I'll address this post, even though it has no point whatsoever.

We have been a 3rd division club; and when we were, that was the division that I had greatest interest in.

Rivallry is more about competition than proximity; so there are at least 23 other teams I care more about than Notts County.

I mean, we have been champions of Europe, doesn't mean I care what happens at Borussia Dortmund or Roma in the Champions League this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972
    Understandable.

Ok, I'll address this post, even though it has no point whatsoever.

We have been a 3rd division club; and when we were, that was the division that I had greatest interest in.

Rivallry is more about competition than proximity; so there are at least 23 other teams I care more about than Notts County.

I mean, we have been champions of Europe, doesn't mean I care what happens at Borussia Dortmund or Roma in the Champions League this season.[/quote]

Well the post was actually about, would you think it's funny laughing at a football clubs demise?
    Obviously totally lost in translation and the person who thought it was funny.

Yeah I like Hereford.

As for us being a 3rd tier club, aye it was, but I don't recall playing our nearest in the League. Heck I don't recall playing them in the League for 20 years.

But they'll remember '94 well, after all it was just last month in their books.

But we are the delusional lot aren't we? Thinking of the Prem, even after 15 years, it's never gonna happen again is it now?

But if I was a fan of our nearest and dearest, I'd be more concerned that even when Forest were crap, and even if they still are, my club just can't seem to be able to be in the same division as them.

I'm happy to be delusional and crap, than to be like them - whatever term you want to describe beyond crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Yeah I like Hereford.

As for us being a 3rd tier club, aye it was, but I don't recall playing our nearest in the League. Heck I don't recall playing them in the League for 20 years.

But we are the delusional lot aren't we? Thinking of the Prem, even after 15 years, it's never gonna happen again is it now?

But if I was a fan of our nearest and dearest, I'd be more concerned that even when Forest were crap, and even if they still are, my club just can't seem to be able to be in the same division as them.

I'm happy to be delusional and crap, than to be like them - whatever term you want to describe beyond crap.
    A-ha, point well made but the phrase 'only one division below' is their comfort blanket when they try to put a positive spin on how dire they are

Quote Originally Posted by dam617
    Yeah I like Hereford.

A-ha, point well made but the phrase 'only one division below' is their comfort blanket when they try to put a positive spin on how dire they are [/quote]

Delusional ? us do behave, most Notts fan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast