+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player - Coach

Player - Coach

Jim McIntyre quoted in the Courier that the squad is full and there will be no more signings player - wise although we might have a player - coach coming in rather than replace Gerry McCabe

re: Player - Coach

Derek Young would be my player coach but only problem is that he stays in Aberdeen.
    He has played for us for 2 years so that should not be that big of a problem.

I have been on holiday but have I missed some thing when our manager said there will be no more signings , have we signed a keeper ?

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS
    I have been on holiday but have I missed some thing when our manager said there will be no more signings , have we signed a keeper ?
    Manager possibly meant no more players will be registered on the club's books but that doesn't rule out loan signings (Zander?).
    As for the Assistant Manager's position, Derek Young would of course be a good shout, and his brother has just got on the Managerial ladder, but it's highly unlikely given where he lives. I believe he trained in Aberdeen some days instead of travelling down to every training session with QoS, whereas the Assistant Manager will probably be expected to be heavily involved in the Club's training sessions. Could we see a senior player promoted from within to assist the Manager, Dowie or Higgins for example, just a thought.

Perhaps it is Barry Nicholson?

Maybe this player/coach thing is rubbish ..
    the bit about Kidd being on loan certainly is ..
    he's 100% a Queens player now.

Sorry mate you have lost me there where on this thread is Kidd mentioned. Right enough he was on loan at Palmerston but when the season ended he went back to Celtic and was released so then signed a contract with Queens.

Kidd and the possible player/coach were in the same Courier article.
    Happy now ? :/

We'll maybe see the new player / coach when pre season starts tomorrow

It's Not Derek Young because he has signed a 2 Year Contract with Forfar Athletic F.C.
    Good Luck to him

We are very quiet on the signing front ... Any news on New Coach?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)