+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that 'take you back' to your childhood summers ...

re: Things that 'take you back' to your childhood summers ...

As a ****ager shooting stars and camping

Quote Originally Posted by xchurchVilla
    Certain songs like any Joe Walsh song from the album Just Seriously Folks. My Mom driving me from Wales at the end of the hols with the top down on the car the music cutting out under each bridge even on the tape deck.

Other certain songs will transport me back to Port Eynon on the Gower Coast.

Bacon sandwiches will put me on the road to Wales. We always started out early and stopped halfway there to eat bacon or sausage sarnies with that flask coffee that is better than anything Starbucks could ever dream up.

I think I only had one holiday that wasn't in Wales

Statesy, Thats mad! I had several very, very happy hols down in Port Eynon circa 76 when I was 12. Fantastic memories! Can't remember the but it was a static caravan site.

Remember the local pub was the ship but was too young to get in there, and not really interested, though I do remember drinking a few Do

Quote Originally Posted by stateside
    Certain songs like any Joe Walsh song from the album Just Seriously Folks. My Mom driving me from Wales at the end of the hols with the top down on the car the music cutting out under each bridge even on the tape deck.

Bacon sandwiches will put me on the road to Wales. We always started out early and stopped halfway there to eat bacon or sausage sarnies with that flask coffee that is better than anything Starbucks could ever dream up.

Statesy, Thats mad! I had several very, very happy hols down in Port Eynon circa 76 when I was 12. Fantastic memories! Can't remember the but it was a static caravan site.

Remember the local pub was the ship but was too young to get in there, and not really int

The smell of freshly cut grass, don't know why!

Quote Originally Posted by xchurchVilla

Remember the local pub was the ship but

Dad disappearing every day between noon and 2pm (day time licencing hours back then).

If the seagulls wernt stealing your grub they were sh1tting on ya.

Rainy days.

Laughing at the adults tip-toeing and swearing (I am now that soldier) into the freezing sea whilst we all thought it was lovely and warm.

Pebble beaches (Beer, Devon) so no beach footy, swingball or cricket but great for improving your throw. Also the adults couldn't catch you when said throw went astray as adults never wore beach shoes in them days .

Statesy,

Have tried several times to ping you via complaints but my message doesn't seem to be going through.

Will try again - forgive me if you suddenly receive loads of msgs from me!

Statesy, the message I keep getting is, "Could not connect to database"

Let me know if you receive or not. All the best XCV

The optimism that meant you thought that next season was going to be the one that would mean the FA Cup / League title would be coming back to Villa Park.

Had to wait a few years, but we got there in the end. My 1980 summer dream came true

The heady days of Youth.

Now all we have to look forward to is another season of relegation troubles Summers for my lad just aren't the same as the ones I enjoyed. I had Graydon, Little, Gray and Cowans to dream about, he has Hutton, Bennett Sylla and Luna

Churchy. No wonder nobody has had a complaint forever.

I will put my email address up for a little while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)