+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Europa League draw 2014/15 - Wales or Iceland for Motherwell

Europa League draw 2014/15 - Wales or Iceland for Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by FirParkCapeTown
    aw come on, winning a cup will always beat a few euro ties, but FFS we have all had great trips as a result of qualifying for Europe, it is a lot of fun for a few days away with friends and family. I'm sure everybody at FP thinks the same.

Wales please, easier trip, better chance of winning and getting another trip

we are all going on a European tour...
    Great trips aye for getting pished , football utterly desperate. So if you don't intend to go to the away games the point stands what is the point of the European Fluff n Flannel.

So, if you were in charge of our club Stevie what would you do about Euro participation? A Ensure by whatever means necessary that MFC did not qualify for a European place or B Be as competitive as possible domestically but request the SFA / UEFA do not include us in any further European competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    aw come on, winning a cup will always beat a few euro ties, but FFS we have all had great trips as a result of qualifying for Europe, it is a lot of fun for a few days away with friends and family. I'm sure everybody at FP thinks the same.

Great trips aye for getting pished , football utterly desperate. So if you don't intend to go to the away games the point stands what is the point of the European Fluff n Flannel.[/quote]
    Don't forget to qualify for Europe we have to finish well up the league or win the Scottish Cup, according to reasoning we would be better of just avoiding relegation and doing well in domestic cup competitions...Give me 2nd and Europe any day, winning all those domestic games and stuffing Aberdons on the last day of the season and getting into

Just watched their goal celebrations - only theme missing was "5hitting" so far as I could see [!]128513;

I just watched the goals as well and the 1 thing that struck me was the defending for all goals outwith pens of course was shocking so hopefully that tells us a thing or 2 about the league they play in. Nothing is certain but this is a game no matter which team we play that is winnable and its the first time in a few years as entered later previously that I have thought this way. Would be good if we could win this and get hull next round as about time we made some money from European participation and im sure they would bring a few thousand up north. Just to confirm I am not jumping the gun just saying we can win.

Quote Originally Posted by firparkloony

Great trips aye for getting pished , football utterly desperate. So if you don't intend to go to the away games the point stands what is the point of the European Fluff n Flannel.[/quote]
    Don't forget to qualify for Europe we have to finish well up the league or win the Scottish Cup, according to reasoning we would be better of just avoiding relegation and doing well in domestic cup competitions...Give me 2nd and Europe any day, winning all those domestic games and stuffing Aberd

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    You need to see these goal celebrations by Stjarnan.

Let's hope there are none if we play them...

I think folk underestimate Icelandic football cos they know hee haw about it , either one of those teams are very capable of putting us out.[/quote]

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh
    I could get to Bangor, but not to Iceland, so, purely selfishly, I hope that Bangor City prevail. M74 / M6 / M56 then A55 dual carriageway all the way to Bangor. A tad easier than the expedition to Llanelli.
    That said, Sod's Law will no doubt prevail...
    If you're one of the lucky 50 who'll get a ticket

Of course the Icelandic team are capable of beating us as are Bangor. It would be very foolish indeed to say otherwise. Whether they will do however is a totally different matter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)