+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does anyone think we'll...

Does anyone think we'll...

..."Go with what we've got..."

Seems more about keeping Max to me?!

re: Does anyone think we'll...

It's completely unfounded, but I have a creeping sense of optimism for the coming season.
    Our young lads will step up to the mark - there'll be mistakes, but they'll improve - and the Manager will cherry pick a couple of PL youngsters for loans.

So yes, let's - by and large - 'go with what we've got'. The Max situation? I haven't a clue.

I think it will mainly go with what we have got but with 1 permanent signing (GK). I think the youngsters will pad the squad out this season.

If Colclough can get and stay fit, he will be like a new signing.
    Also would like to give Waters a run before we get a journeyman winger in.
    Not too sure if Nolan can play a full season, so even if only a loan signing, a central mid is needed and (esp if Max does go) a Striker too - I would not mind Uche back(see thread), but we do have Pogs and Oliver, so not the end of the world, but not much backup other than young Saunders.
    We have plenty of defenders, so no issue there.
    I would like the new keeper/coach in sooner though, as we are already in training.

We will go with the kids and be relegated nothing more to add.

There isn't much doubt that we're going to go with a very young squad and I'm quietly confident about how well we will do, particularly without a repeat of the Cornwall thing. I'm not really sure whether Max Clayton signing or not will make that much difference as I haven't seen enough of him to make a real judgement.
    I don't think League 1 this season is anything like as strong as last: the sides coming down- Yeovil, Barnsley and Doncaster- are weaker than than those that have gone up and the last two could be in freefall back down to League 2. There's certainly nothing to be afraid of with those coming up either?
    As always, the lone signings will be important as well as the two or three we manage to buy/spend money on.
    A struggle yes, but lower mid-table safety no problem.

Why so pessimistic KLFC?

By my reckoning 46 wins by the score of 5-2 nets us 138 points, 230 league goals and a goal difference of +138!! The title will be all but won by Christmas!!

Got to be realistic Crewedaft we're bound to drop at least one point before Crimble. So I can't see it being over 'til the first week of January.

Quote Originally Posted by crewedaft
    Why so pessimistic KLFC?

By my reckoning 46 wins by the score of 5-2 nets us 138 points, 230 league goals and a goal difference of +138!! The title will be all but won by Christmas!!
    Well observed Crewedaft! though when was the last time we won 5-2? After two weeks in the sun and drinking too much Spanish beer I'm even more optimistic than when I last posted.