+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current squad for 2014/2015

re: Current squad for 2014/2015

Devante Cole to bag the goals...

Quote Originally Posted by alexbarmy
    Devante Cole to bag the goals...
    I heard Jordi Hiwula.

Yes, Hiwula is now the - 2 weeks ago it was Cole!

Not sure if we failed with Cole and Hiwula is second choice?

Interestingly, Hiwula has already scored at the Alexandra stadium - at england youth level. A sign, maybe?

wernt we after = james osborne - hednesford

and

saul henderson - main road

at one time too

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    SORRY BUT THAT SQUAD WILL STRUGGLE IN L1

Whilst that maybe true, definitely NOT the view I take!
    This is exactly what being a Crewe supporter is all about and I for one back the policy 100%.
    It's what makes us stand out from the rest.
    I said before I would be more than happy playing our own, backed up by 3 season-long loans of the Chuks/Brad/Uche types.
    Getting them all season makes them more like our own.
    Hell, we had Chuks for TWO - in my opinion, he WAS our own!

I agree with AL, this coming season holds a lot of hope. Not expectation, which is important, but definitely hope.

Excited by the thought of a Grant/Turton/Nolan midfield, maybe Billy on the flanks - and if Toots remains ...

Ok, a slight worry about up front but Steve is clearly working on that.

If he stays fit, I expect Turton particularly to have a really big season - for me he has a presence and personality on the pitch which is likely to grow, can see him developing into a leader - good engine too, I can see him and Grant forming an excellent partnership but they'll need to chip in with a few goals.

Nolan,too, is one to look forward too - hints towards the end of last season that he will become more than just a continuity player in terms of his range of passing.

It would be good if you were right about Turton, but to me this sounds like "He's a reliable enough player who knows that League One will be as good as it gets, and is so grateful to have been nursed through injuries that he won't kick up too much about wages."

Well, yes, we certainly need a few like that, because so many are not.

But looking at the list of contracted players on Soccerbase, and weeding out the ones who will not survive, e.g. the two (!) Clayton brothers, Moore, Audel and Molyneux, then we are left with only four****.

I guess that the Academy lads who have just signed up can swell that total... provided, that is, that they are made of the right stuff.

But to be honest, at this stage of the pre-season, the cupboard looks awfully bare.

I'm with SC in looking forward to seeing Granty, Nolan & possibly Turton making the midfield. I think Liam came on a lot after getting a 'taste' then was a lot stronger when he came back in for the final games.
    Maybe it's time to 'go with what we've got' and let the youngsters gain the experience, even if it is another struggle, then see them get better.

Think the time to worry about the squad is a week before the season starts, rather than two days into pre-season. In Davis we trust, and all that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast