+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current squad for 2014/2015

Current squad for 2014/2015

thoughts?

GK: B GARRATT

DF: M TOOTE, H DAVIS, G RAY, J GUTHRIE, T AUDEL, A DUGDALE, J BAILLIE, P NG

MF: L NOLAN, O TURTON, B INMAN, B WATERS, A GRANT, R COLCLOUGH, G COOPER, L MOLYNEAUX

ST: M POGBA, V OLIVER, M CLAYTON*, C SAUNDERS, F MURDOCH, C PRITCHARD-ELLIS

*Club are still awaiting decision from Max.

re: Current squad for 2014/2015

Doesnt fill me with confidence i'm afraid...

I think we need to either play molyneux at LB or get one in.

Either that or an older Influential Centre Back and keep Guthrie at LB.

Can't see anyone who can bag us 15+ goals...

I can see Pogs having his best ever season and bagging the 15+.
    But we would benefit from 2 or 3 PL/Championship loanees (Uche would be made very welcome).
    I see the weak areas being defence, yet again, and midfield, but if we keep Grant and Inman inside forming a half diamond, then Waters on the other side of it, I think we will look better. James Jones could well make it to the bench.
    Behind them we have Toots and Guthrie (Wiltshire lad is much improved) and Harry D back from injury. I am concerned about the quality of the 4th.
    Up front and supporting I will be pleased to see Coco back, and I also rate Murdoch and Saunders, but probably from the bench.

However, these are the views of a guy 75 miles away: it's the guys in Reaseheath I rely on to make the right decisions.

My main concern are where the goals are coming from. Aneke didn't just score the goals but also created many of our chances.
    We are putting a lot of hope into exciting young players (not unusual)without having some experienced and proven performers to provide the platform for them. A key injury to a Pogba, Davis, inman etc will also put on more pressure.

The feeling after last year was we were were lucky to stay up and need to strengthen if we are to stay up again. So far we have lost key players in moore and aneke.

Again I have full confidence in the management and hopefully a couple of key signings and hopefully the emergence of a few youngsters will be enough to keep us up, i hope!!!

need a old pro up front on loan or sign one up

to help the other lads

someone who can head the ball - not a small striker trying to be a centre forward

joe garner / ebanks blake /harewood / harold / constable

TYPE

SORRY BUT THAT SQUAD WILL STRUGGLE IN L1

No saying that Tootle will be with us for the majority of next season. I really think that a club from a higher division will make an offer, neither the club or player will be able to resist, just leading up to the transfer deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    No saying that Tootle will be with us for the majority of next season. I really think that a club from a higher division will make an offer, neither the club or player will be able to resist, just leading up to the transfer deadline.
    Full backs are not as high up the list as Strikers and Midfielders and there are plenty of them around and so not sure he will go anywhere for a decent fee although he will do better in wages in most clubs in this league should anyone be interested enough. I'm also not sure he is good enough to attract a Championship side but will go with others opinions on that one. I just remember him getting a real runaround with that 29 year old guy from Oldham and wish we could sign someone like that to go with all the youngsters we seem to be throwing in the deep end. The main worry is whether they can cope physically in this league. Some will and some may struggle.

As we seem only to breed Tiny tots and dwarfs

missed out on the Harold lad -- signed for Crawley

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    I just remember him (Toots) getting a real runaround with that 29 year old guy from Oldham and wish we could sign someone like that

What is this obsession with Gary Harkins?
    Ok, so maybe he gave Toots the run around in one game last season, (wasn't there so cannot comment), but he's just been released by the "mighty" St Mirren, their manager questions his work-rate, (hence presumably why he was out on loan), and he has previously played for Blackburn Rovers, Huddersfield Town, Bury, Blackpool, Grimsby Town, Partick Thistle, Kilmarnock, Dundee, St. Mirren and lately Oldham Athletic.

I liked Colin Cramb while he was with us but ...!!
    There has to be a reason why some players rack up so many clubs.

Give me Toots over Harkins any day of the week!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast