+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get out yer hanky's

re: Get out yer hanky's

Yes,DJ and Dickson heading through the exit door is better news than signing Eden Hazard!!
    And no,we DONT need Suarez!
    As bad as Bradley Orr & Leon Best are,to me the other two were bigger liabilities so all credit for the prioritizing.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    GB on the quiet has now done a brilliant job since taking over, shedding all the expensive, waste of spaces like DE etc ...GB has basically done all this on his own, and worked on a budget.
    Managing a football club isnt just about standing on the sidelines on matchday, its everything. This side of what he has brought to our club ...basically stabilising us inside of 12 months...has been completely overlooked imo.
    At least we go into a season in some form of a positive manner. Shedding the crap overpaid players and replacing them with decent players, who cost hardly anything is nothing short of brilliant. Again, all in 12 months.

I just hope he gets support from fans next season, like the club are backing, and trusting in him.
    I agree he's done a good job.

But just to play devil's advocate, I'm not too sure about how much stability he's brought. The money equation in football is always a simple one, your income needs to be a d

Quote Originally Posted by blueandwhitehalves1
    GB on the quiet has now done a brilliant job since taking over, shedding all the expensive, waste of spaces like DE etc ...GB has basically done all this on his own, and worked on a budget.
    Managing a football club isnt just about standing on the sidelines on matchday, its everything. This side of what he has brought to our club ...basically stabilising us inside of 12 months...has been completely overlooked imo.
    At least we go into a season in some form of a positive manner. Shedding the crap overpaid players and replacing them with decent players, who cost hardly anything is nothing short of brilliant. Again, all in 12 months.

I just hope he gets support from fans next season, like the club are backing, and trusting in him.
    I agree he's done a good job.

But just to play devil's advocate, I'm not too sure about how much stability he's brought. The money equation in foo

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Even Moonys perked up !
    That's what 6 weeks of sleep deprivation, due to the newborn, does for you...

I think most fans are more willing than me to write off the results in long periods of Bowyers reign as not being his fault. I was willing to do that with Bowyer the season before last but that’s it. How long did Allardyce need to turn things around at Rovers, or Pulis at Palace this season? The better a manager, the quicker he can do it. Last season Bowyer signed the players he wanted and managed how he wanted and we finished 8th. Thats all on him in my opinion. Its not bad but did we have the 8th highest wage bill? Id say it was more like the 3rd-5th highest. So I dont agree with unreserved praise for the bloke.

Think we completely disagree on the swift return idea. For me its pie in the sky to think Rovers will return if the parachute payment years are wasted. What happened with Burnley last season is a very rare phenomenon. If Rovers slip into the bog-standard 12-13,000 gates Championship club realm, we’ll find promotion nearly impossible. In 2012/13 it would have been easy withou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)