+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lallana's leaving comments...

Lallana's leaving comments...

"Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started"

And all along our Captain (who had just signed a 5 yr deal and pledged his full career to Southampton) was dreaming of Liverpool. It's also been reported that in order to push the move through he told the club (Southampton) he would never play for them again!!! And looking at the very short emotionless comment on the OS it would appear that Adam Lallana has pi55ed the club off big time. So, it looks like Clattenberg may have been right. I hope he gets found out at Liverpool and ends up warming the bench at Stoke...thanks for nothing you ungrateful little ****

re: Lallana's leaving comments...

Ill advised by someone behind the scenes.

I'm sure on a personal level most if not all of us would seriously consider moving employer if head hunted, especially when being offered at least twice your salary but to start mouthing off or dropping comments such as he's reported to it's beyond belief.

SRL held in the highest esteem due to how he handled his move and to be fair i've respect for Shaw who's not dropped any verbal clangers but as for AL, knowing how he's viewed, or was, by us fans he's got it all wrong.

Won't be so petty to wish him a poor future, just three points on the first day of the season will do me...

Southampton's terse, matter-of-fact statement in which they announce the completion of Lallana's move and vow to reinvest the transfer fee in improving the squad speaks volumes about the player.

No thanks you for his years of service, no wishing him well.

The journalist Alex Crook is said to be revealing the player refused to play for the club again.

I was always taught never to burn you're bridges.

Silly boy Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Joffyw
    Ill advised by someone behind the scenes.
    Won't be so petty to wish him a poor future, just three points on the first day of the season will do me...
    I will.

I hope, in the first minute of the first game, he gets a kick. Nothing too serious, just bad enough for him to miss 3 or 4 weeks training, then he will be playing catch up with his fitness.
    Just as he was for most of our first season back in the Prem, where he flattered to deceive, because he wasn't match fit enough to play as well as he did, last season, when he was injury free.
    The fans, at SMS, stayed with him, during that first season. Can't see the scousers doing the same.

I hope Suarez has him for breakfast in training.

He's now a superstar. Southampton FC have no need of, or place for superstars.
    Hungry, young players with their feet on the ground are what we need.
    After all that we've experienced it's a shame that there's a bit of a cloud over his departure but he's probably not concerned by that.

It was time for him to go and the money will come in handy no doubt.

It's amazing to see the change in some peoples attitude on SW, a few weeks back they were lauding Adam as a Saints legend

Still the resident itk Guan has alluded to the fact the he's been an egotistical **** for quite some time so whatever he said comes as no surprise.

Adam who?
    There's only one Dusan Tadic

What a shame it's all ended like this. Adam has been my favourite Saints player the last five years or so, and had he stayed would have been up there with Le Tiss in the legend stakes.

I don't see that much in his interview to get upset about, other than the dreaming of playing for them last season, but that's probably just guff aimed at the Liverpool fans.

However if the reports of him refusing to play for us again are true then that's very disappointing. As it seems to be Alex Crook claiming that then I'd like to believe it's bollox and give Adam the benefit of the doubt for now, he gets my thanks for everything he's done for us but now it's time to move on.

Just a sad situation all round.

It seems Adam has decided, based on the amount of flak that he hes received on the social media, to write a message to the Saints fans (a whole page) which will be published in the Echo tomorrow.

Should be very interesting.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast