+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Davis/Joe Davis

Steve Davis/Joe Davis

Can't see the point in stoking up the fire myself. I rate this as an own goal, he is right in my opinion, just no point in putting it out there. - view external link

re: Steve Davis/Joe Davis

Pretty sure the Sentinel making a bit more out of it than there is. (Which is of course their job - to sell more papers to get more webpage visits from their core readership in, er, Stoke...) The quotes don't really amount to much - 'Dad in "sticking up for son" Shock!' isn't going to grab the headlines, is it?

I agree, but as he is also a local rival manager instead it is local rival manager slags off club and how it is run!

Would have been better to keep counsel.

Steve Davis/Joe Davis

SD is out of order, he has used his position as a manager to comment publicly on something that should have remained private between JD and Port Vale.

Probably an apology may be the best way to draw a line under things.

I,too, see this as a mistake - albeit a minor one - he certainly did n't need to comment about Hugill.

Max Clayton's dad Paul might have afforded himself a wry smile too - I wonder what he would say about Max's situation given a media platform?

Anyway, it's a minor issue and nothing to do with CAFC - in fairness, SD does state he's speaking as a dad. .

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    SD is out of order, he has used his position as a manager to comment publicly on something that should have remained private between JD and Port Vale.

Mountain out of a mole hill??
    A journalist probably asked him the question first - so he answered honestly - what's wrong with that?

ok, you could argue he should have replied "no comment", but aren't interviews boring enough already without this? If he blanked him, they may as well not bother asking anything in future!

Perhaps Steve too (and the Board) should have made more effort to keep Byron at the Alex. I know some on here are saying Byron was disloyal, although I don't see it that way. He gave us 7 years good service and almost clocked up 300 games. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe

A journalist probably asked him the question first - so he answered honestly - what's wrong with that?

ok, you could argue he should have replied "no comment", but aren't interviews boring enough already without this? If he blanked him, they may as well not bother asking anything in future![/quote]

I agree. It's not a massive deal. The biggest surprise is how good Davis' agent is. He could only get in the team when there were injuries. He will probably end up on loan to a league 2 side, I do think there is an irony in the comments after what happened in the game against Crewe though.
    As for hugill, again we really needed better, a

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace

ok, you could argue he should have replied "no comment", but aren't interviews boring enough already without this? If he blanked him, they may as well not bother asking anything in future![/quote]

I agree. It's not a massive deal. The biggest surprise is how good Davis' agent is. He could only get in the team when there were injuries. He will probably end up on loan to a league 2 side, I do think there is an irony in the comments after what happened in the game against Crewe tho

Chatting to some Leicester City supporters yesterday (difficult not to if one wants a pint round here!), and they are very pleased about the Joe Davis signing. They don't know what he's like, but his Dad's connections and brother mean they believe he comes from a 'proper' football family.
    Can't argue with that.