+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andros Townsend

Andros Townsend

SSN are saying that we have made a 12m bid for him.

This one could be interesting.

Hope Morgans staying.

re: Andros Townsend

Quote Originally Posted by tumbles
    SSN are saying that we have made a 12m bid for him.

This one could be interesting.

Hope Morgans staying.
    Townsend would be a great signing! No way is Morgan leaving in this window, if he does then Reed and Kruger would have to follow him out the door in shame.

Spurs have been unable to sort out his personal issues. Maybe a move away from London will help. He has spent time down here before at the Sporting Chance clinic. So at least that facility will be close by. Let's hope we can help him. Otherwise we are looking at a sad Stan Bowles type decline.

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    Spurs have been unable to sort out his personal issues. Maybe a move away from London will help. He has spent time down here before at the Sporting Chance clinic. So at least that facility will be close by. Let's hope we can help him. Otherwise we are looking at a sad Stan Bowles type decline.
    Interesting, I didn't know he had been having problems. That would explain why he has somewhat faded a bit recently.

Still, if we could get him back to his best and settled he would be an excellent signing and give us just what we are lacking, i.e pace and direct running. Hope it happens.

I bet we don't sign him.

I hope we don't sign him, whilst he did well in a couple of games for England last season i'm struggling to remember anything else of note.

I'd rather we went for Redmond from Norwich and should not be trying to do business with Tottenham under any circumstances

Some of our summer signings come across like a throwback to when Branfoot spunked the Shearer money on Dixon, Speedie and Perry ****ing Groves

Rather have Townsend over Redmond any day. He was brilliant in his loan spell at QPR and has looked good in an England shirt.

Other than scoring against us last season, Redmond has seriously flattered to deceive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    I bet we don't sign him.
    He'd probably take the bet...