+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anthony Malbon

Anthony Malbon

There's no point in pointing out the availability of players we don't have a prayer of getting, but I note that former Vale forward Malbon has left Kiddy by mutual consent.

He left Vale because he'd fallen out of love with footie; no surprise there.

He prefers a central striking role.

He lives in Sneyd Green, coaches the local side Milton, and is a 0.33 man in the Conference. A local club might appeal.

But would he be just another Vadaine, i.e. unlikely to make the step up?

re: Anthony Malbon

Seem to recall his was bounded round this time last year.

And who's to say vadaine won't make it? Shown plenty of promise IMO

Just wild supposition, but this year's pre-season may work in our favour.
    Obviously there's no repeat of Cornwall. There are other factors that might positively influence the squad.
    With Byron off to pastures new maybe his mates (Vadaine?) are influenced less by his 'will I; won't I' attitude?
    Grant and Inman have been close in the past. Maybe they can spend time developing the relationship on the pitch that we saw glimpses of last season.
    Maybe, as much as he is reportedly liked at Reaseheath, the non-appearance of Max Clayton will concentrate minds rather than be a potential distraction.
    Plus we have got new lads with fire in their bellies, and Harry D and Coco back from injury.

Or maybe I am just being over optimistic? Tough. I'm happy in this little world of hope. :-D

makes sense to me AL

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    Just wild supposition, but this year's pre-season may work in our favour.
    Obviously there's no repeat of Cornwall. There are other factors that might positively influence the squad.
    With Byron off to pastures new maybe his mates (Vadaine?) are influenced less by his 'will I; won't I' attitude?
    Grant and Inman have been close in the past. Maybe they can spend time developing the relationship on the pitch that we saw glimpses of last season.
    Maybe, as much as he is reportedly liked at Reaseheath, the non-appearance of Max Clayton will concentrate minds rather than be a potential distraction.
    Plus we have got new lads with fire in their bellies, and Harry D and Coco back from injury.

Or maybe I am just being over optimistic? Tough. I'm happy in this little world of hope. :-D
    I sang Colclough's praises at the start of last season, when he sprang onto the scene with gusto. Then came the injury worries, so this pre-season is so im