+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Shearer

Scott Shearer

Sky Sports News reporting that we are closing in on his signing. Looks like the shortlist has been narrowed down to him. Happy?

re: Scott Shearer

Any relation to you know who?

Yeah will do me and will get my support.

Signed a 2 year deal as per official site.

Scott Shearer

Good signing IMO , if Steve Philips had to go due to fitness then this is an ideal replacement...

At 33, he is the right age for the type of keeper we were looking for. Plenty of experience, still able to play and put pressure on Ben. The only bit I don't know is his coaching but he may be studying for his badges.
    Looking at the list of keepers mentioned for the dual role, he was 5 years younger than the next 'name' so if he was called upon to play, he should still be fit enough.

We won't know for several years if this was the right signing for Ben, or not, but as it stands we've got a really experienced back up with some coaching ambition.

Solid signing!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    Who the woolly back sheep shearer?

Quote Originally Posted by NEVTHEDEV
    Who the woolly back sheep shearer? [/quote]

I was actually thinking of Alan (very unlikely) or Duncan, who remains a bit of a Scots icon.
    Down to VdeP to see if he can tell me, methinks. :-)

Naw, Duncan and his brother Dave were stalwarts of the Highlands, and I think that Dunc still has coaching duties with Caley Thistle (how daft was Terry Butcher to leave that friendly wee club?)

Scott was a central belt man, starting, I believe, with Albion Rovers, the cream of Coatbridge.

Not a bad signing, though I'd have preferred Craig Gordon. But Craig has been so unlucky that he's desperate to get back to first-team footie, plus there might have been the minor problem of wages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast