+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron Moore

re: Byron Moore

If Vale are paying more than us they trully will end up in admin. Big risk he has taken.

I understand Byrons loyalty has been questioned for the last couple of years, but for a lad that was arguably our best player for the first half of the season, to then only be offered a 12 month contract and be replaced by loan signings mesca and Cameron Park, it's fair to say many other players would look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    How on earth has this happened? in what way is this move better? obviously its wages then? Byron obviously does`nt give a toss about the fans here anymore and does`nt seem to understand the anger this has caused, awful move for us but hey, he did`nt want to be here now and IMO has`nt shown any loyalty as he wanted a move every season!
    Seriously Paul "Loyalty"? It is a job! He is a Vale fan and they offered 24 months to our 12 and waaaay more cash. Do you remember how loyal "we" were to him when he wasn't even on the bench and loan players (esp Park) were playing.

You're old enough to be less silly Paul.

Vale have bigger crowds, more STs sold up front and a bigger budget - a much bigger budget! Byron has cost them zero ponds so he'll be on a good Vale wage of about 2500 i bet. It isn't Vale's biggest wage but it is decent and a lot more than he was on I bet.

Didn't I read on here recently our budget is 800k and PVs is 2.4 million? something similar anyway - so the answer is obvious.

Final thought. Some of you don't want these players to play for us but you don't want them to leave either - so we'd have 150 players on our squad list wouldn't we and no-one would leave and all the kids would come through...think about it.

He scored precious few last season, and didn't play a lot either. Top servant but of late a bench-warmer and a Vale big signing. And they say Byron isn't too bright...hmmmmm...I'd say he is.

Just for info really : average wage in div 1 is 1600 per week , div 2 is 801 per week.
    I suspect a large number of the current squad are on less than the div 2 average
    No surprise then if the established players , who are probably on less than div 1 aveage look to move for better wages

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Vale have bigger crowds, more STs sold up front and a bigger budget - a much bigger budget! Byron has cost them zero ponds so he'll be on a good Vale wage of about 2500 i bet. It isn't Vale's biggest wage but it is decent and a lot more than he was on I bet.

Didn't I read on here recently our budget is 800k and PVs is 2.4 million? something similar anyway - so the answer is obvious.
    With us paying total wages of £2.9m, I doubt that our player budget is only £800k. Seriously, if they are shelling out massively more than us on wages then is it any wonder they always end up in administration.

Easy to see how Smurf lost over £1m in his first year though.

Fair play to Byron born in Smallthorne and supported the Vale as the kid. He got the move he wanted but we move on and have Colclough (court case next week 7 July) and Cooper to fill the void and both can fill it.

Hope he gets paid

Quote Originally Posted by Alexram87
    Signed for the vale on a 2 year deal

Of all the teams!!! (yes, I know he's a supporter)
    Did he really NOT want a warm welcome on his return to GR?

So that's Popey, Byron ... any more Vale supporters in the ranks?
    Turf them out now I say

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast