+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron Moore

re: Byron Moore

Not really news this, we have all known for a while. Can't blame him really, our 1 year deal against there 2 year deal and no doubt more money, I'd do the same in his shoes, no anger here and Paul CAFC get a grip, we all look out for our best interests and Byron was a good servant for this club. It would have been great to keep him but channel your anger at Norman Hassal not Byron that's where the problem lies.

I don't understand why people bang on about loyalty either - AJ had been here since he was 6 but that did n't count for much when we decided to release him so it cuts both ways.

As stated above it's a job of work - and players who operate at L1 and L2 level still need to maximise their earnings while they can.

Not sure why Vale have now signed 3 wingers though?

I'm afraid I'm a bit sceptical about Colclough - his ability is unquestionable and I'm not overly bothered by the court case but, reading between the lines, I'm not at all convinced he'll be fit for the start of the season and beyond.Anyway, he's been out a long time and might need to get up to speed.

Seen very little of Cooper but he's obviously highly rated, hopefully we avoid the David Vaughan scenario whereby he's introduced before he's ready.

We need to get a winger in, don't want Brad consigned to playing wide again.

Proggs was correct re our budget. £2.4m for last season.

We've cut it to £2.2m for this season, however we've cut our development squad out of that and that was costing us £400k.

So in real terms our playing budget is up this season from £2m to £2.2m. Sorry to disappoint you guys!

We've made a couple of cracking signings already, and with Nile Ranger and Reda Johnson due to sign over the course of the weekend were going to be strong. We've also got one of the most savvy managers in the division.

Hope you guys can make a couple of good signing so we can have some healthy local completion this. At the moment I think your squad looks a bit weak, and you only survived by the skin of your teeth last season.

Looking forward to seeing Byron down the Vale next season, we'll get behind him 100% and give him the confidence to play his game. You lot seem very critical of your flair players and get on their back al lot during games from what I've seen.

Going be interesting when Byron is whip

so 2.2m in wages for a bunch of journeymen at best league 1 footballers? Only problem is that when you go bust as you've done so many times before theres local people and taxpayers that take the hit not the idiots who put these ridiculous policies in place.

Quote Originally Posted by number1stuartevans
    so 2.2m in wages for a bunch of journeymen at best league 1 footballers? Only problem is that when you go bust as you've done so many times before theres local people and taxpayers that take the hit not the idiots who put these ridiculous policies in place.
    You'll be going bust soon if you don't keep selling players mate!

Problem is, your current roster doesn't contain anyone of worth for you to sell on.

Apart from Max Clayton. Oh wait...

Yeah you're right mate. I wish we had an England U-19 goalkeeper and a striker who has just turned down 3 clubs in the Champions League to sign for us...oh wait...

No quarms over Byron - his heart hasn't been here for a long while. Match winner on his day, and may as well not be on the pitch on others.

I suspect he'll have a good first season at Vale though. Colclough has the potential to be far better so onwards and upwards.

I'm not sad to see Byron go, I think I can honestly say I've never seen him have a full good game, its always one half or the other. If he wants to go to Vale then fair enough, but It'll be a season of injuries and sub appearances before dropping down a division. All of Adams Wingers are the type to get dangerous then cross, Byron has never had much of a cross on him.

I like that the Vale are so used to watching a hardworking bunch of thuggish idiots that they think Byron is a flair player. One step over doesn't make a falir player, even if it does bamboozle your tiny clay filled minds.

"oo eez dun wun uf dem wiggly fut things duck"

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse
    I'm not sad to see Byron go, I think I can honestly say I've never seen him have a full good game, its always one half or the other. If he wants to go to Vale then fair enough, but It'll be a season of injuries and sub appearances before dropping down a division. All of Adams Wingers are the type to get dangerous then cross, Byron has never had much of a cross on him.

I like that the Vale are so used to watching a hardworking bunch of thuggish idiots that they think Byron is a flair player. One step over doesn't make a falir player, even if it does bamboozle your tiny clay filled minds.

He's been your best player nearly every time we've played you.

Makes me laugh how you mock our hard working side. Do you know how satisfying it to know your side has given everything for the shirt? We get that every week down at the Vale. We are also the fittest team in the league. It gets results. D

Quote Originally Posted by thevale69

He's been your best player nearly every time we've played you.

Makes me laugh how you mock our hard working side. Do you know how satisfying it to know your side has given everything for the shirt? We get that every week down at the Vale. We are also the

Quote Originally Posted by thevale69
    You'll be going bust soon if you don't keep selling players mate!

Problem is, your current roster doesn't contain anyone of worth for you to sell on.

Apart from Max Clayton. Oh wait...[/quote]

Oh wait, apart from the tribunal fee we will receive & add on's.

Ben Garratt, England U19 Kepper. he must not be worth anything then.
    Matt Tootle, poor player in this league, those scouts must have been in my imagination.
    Harry Davis, Geoerge Ray, Brad Inman, Liam Nolan, Oliver Turton, Ryan Colclough, Billy Walters, George Cooper, Callum Saunders, Fraser Murdoch. All of these players will end up leaving on free's. So obviously

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast