+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Byron Moore

re: Byron Moore

Terrible news about his brother and puts some perspective on this debate. I know some found Byrons style a bit frustrating, but I would prefer to start the season with him than without him.

I am sure SD did what he could to keep him but SD is operating with one hand tied behind his back as our budget didn't leave him with many options. Our budget will always leave us at a disadvantage in contract negotiations, with an improved offer Byron would probably have signed another contract, but SD didn't have the budget for that.

However when one player leaves another gets a chance to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    He PLAYED 43 games.
    He made 30 full league appearances and 10 from the bench.[/quote]

Which out of 46 is not bit part. Park played, was it 4 games? And I bet 2 of those Moore was involved also. If he left because he reckoned he was badly treated then good riddance.

Personally think Byron will be sorely missed regardless of how many games he did or didnt play last season. He added experience to quite a young side. On his day he is a very good player in this league and a real threat on the wing. Yes he can be frustrating at times but that is a given with most wingers.

30 out of 46 is a third missed, no injury either just dropped to bench or, for a long period, not even in the squad. This is more 'interesting' from a CAFC perspective when you consider how rubbish we were and how rubbish some replacements were. In my "they'll play him, we didn't" comment I was more referring to him being an important season long player for them, a key man - which he wasn't for us last season (and only last). TO which you can't blame him for leaving when contract is up, added to all the other "no-brainer" reasons discussed.

"If he left because he reckoned he was badly treated then good riddance" Poor sentence really, cheap shot or something , as 'he' hasn't said anything of the sort on here or in media, has he and since signing he has had way more important issue to contend with.

He left because it was a good time to leave and in a Crewe side that struggled he wasn't a key figure anymore. It was defo time for a new challenge - some are spited because he went to Va

Quote Originally Posted by Alexram87
    Personally think Byron will be sorely missed regardless of how many games he did or didnt play last season. He added experience to quite a young side. On his day he is a very good player in this league and a real threat on the wing. Yes he can be frustrating at times but that is a given with most wingers.
    Agree

[quote="Proggs" reasons discussed.

"If he left because he reckoned he was badly treated then good riddance" Poor sentence really, cheap shot or something , as 'he' hasn't said anything of the sort on here or in media, has he and since signing he has had way more important issue to contend with.

He left because it was a good time to leave and in a Crewe side that struggled he wasn't a key figure anymore. It was defo time for a new chall

Let's face it, his agent wanted him out of Crewe 2 years ago but nobody wanted him or was prepared to pay a fee for him so it was a case of sign the contrat on offer and bide your time.
    Then in 2 years you will get a bigger signing on fee oh and don't forget the agents cut.
    Great move Byron, less travelling for you.

We have Michael O'connor playing for us on trial against newcastle town today. From the little I've seen he looks a decent signing?

Beginnibg to look like Crewe's 2nd eleven

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch
    Beginnibg to look like Crewe's 2nd eleven
    2nd?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast