+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agents

re: Agents

There's some truth in that, vdP, however I don't think we've done too badly with the front men that the club has brought in over the past couple of years - Chuks, Bradden and Uche all did pretty well, LDV and Hitchcock knocked in a couple of goals but I guess we don't know who we missed out on.

Clearly Park and Mesca were next to useless and Evans split opinion, but we also had Jake Livermore for a season until he got his leg broken at Wrexham and Harry Bunn similarly.

When you compare that with a couple of his permanent signings (Audel tops the list!!) then I think I trust his loan deals more!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Paul is a not a Football Association authorised agent and as such cannot represent his son in that capacity. He has enough on his plate with his full time job at Leighton Hospital!!
    Exactly AA his dad may try and guide him but Paul has a high profile job at Leighton.[/quote]

Says on Wiki he is an Operating theatre technician. Sounds like a great story addition to my Christmas Eve fiction story at the heath.

Should tell his son there is life after football after all. That link says Max is a CA player.. - view external link

If I was a player I would just use the services of an Registered Lawyer, as you need a SRA registered lawyer/solicitor to ensure your Representation contract is in order. Likewise you can take a lawyer with you for any contract signing as long as they are registered with the FA.

The FA recommended percentage that a player should pay an agent is 5%, although the agent makes up for that with a 20% of any commercial endorsements they get for the players. Some players are daft enough to pay up to 20-30% for a playing contract which is they do that then more fool them and well done the agent.

At least a Lawyers career will be over if they break/bend the rules unlike an agent will be able to carry on as the business owner and just get someone else to act as the agent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12