+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs and Indians

re: Chiefs and Indians

[quote="VindePays2009"]I hope to be at Highbury to see the Alex open the season, but without any realistic expectations of a good result.

Because the Cod Army have a wealthy backer who ensures their success, and enabled them to outbid us for the likes of Vardy and Brodie, recently. And 'The Beast' would have been a useful loanee. I'll leave out Sarcevic, because he only ended up there, plus as a naive incoming manager Steve might have misjudged his attitude problems, if there were any.

This will never change until David Conn writes an article that busts open what has been going on at the Alex, and I am writing to him in the hope that as a near-youth player for the Alex, he might be prepared to do the necessary forensic research. Here's hoping.

Meanwhile, if we can't interest the right calibre of player in joining us, then we seem overly provided on the managerial tier of things.

We have Dario as director of football, SD as manager, Neil as his assistant,

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Thanks for that Derek. Yes these things do go around and around and...

I think more worry for the status quo is the rules have all changed and any lad can go any distance now and not restricted to 40 miles or so I understand. Maybe that could help us with kids from Portsmouth and Saints but the sea view is quite compelling. And any real diamonds as you put it are plucked by others with money clout, before we can get the benefit?

Not sure what you mean when you said Pompey would want to go the existing Dario model we have now or the one he would go with if starting from scratch? I'm guessing the latter and actually not sure we couldn't have a mid way position like he suggests as it could be better as well?
    Like you say, Mike, all good stuff to debate, mid-summer.

Just on the Pompey angle: Mark, their chief exec, was just talking to John Bowler for advice I think - but Pompey would be looking, long-term, to be Category Two, t

Am I correct in thinking that the Alex have a First Team, Under 21 and then Under 18 Academy in addition to this all the under 8 - Under 16's?

If so it would be naieve to think that we could run all that on a shoestring budget and manpower.

Let's take Steve's and Neil's role that is already split between general coaching of the first team, scouting, dealing with agents etc. I would imaging that both if not all are out most evenings. So they are saving the club money by doing this themselves rather than have a number of paid scouts around the country.

For a pro clubs to spread around the coaching roles I would imagine at the very least it would have 10 coaches to deal with the over 16's.

Having been involved with a club in the higher reaches of Non League clubs there had 8 - 12 coaches so that number is not unreasonable for a pro club in League 1.

How many coaches are too many?

1st team
    Manager
    Assistant / scout
    First team coach
    Fitness Coach

Under 21
    Manager
    Assistant
    Coach

S

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester

I now intensely dislike AmericanAlex! School in Hawaii!! What's wrong with Rope Lane Comp (which I never went to, BTW)? X-D
    It's not all it's cracked up to be! The weather is certainly amazing, but I lived on a rougher part of the island of Oahu that saw meth peddled daily and transvestites out nightly.

Also, island fever set in pretty quick. Growing up in California, I'm used to wide open spaces and long drives. Not so, on Oahu!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanAlex

I now intensely dislike AmericanAlex! School in Hawaii!! What's wrong with Rope Lane Comp (which I never went to, BTW)? X-D
    It's not all it's cracked up to be! The weather is certainly amazing, but I lived on a rougher part of the island of Oahu that saw meth peddled daily and transvestites out nightly.

Also, island fever set in pretty quick. Growing up in California, I'm used to wide open spaces and long drives. Not so, on Oahu![/quote]

'ang on! I was on the verge of taking back everything I said, and then you drop in words like California, wide open spaces ...

Next month I will take my seat at Gresty Road and look out over the 'wide open spaces' towards Nantwich, my view north blocked by that architectural beauty, Rail House. I still love it though. X-D

Planning to visit this season AmericanAlex? :-)

I also went to Shavington County Secondary Modern,1961-66,what year were you AL?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester

Also, island fever set in pretty quick. Growing up in California, I'm used to wide open spaces and long drives. Not so, on Oahu![/quote]

'ang on! I was on the verge of taking back everything I said, and then you drop in words like California, wide open spaces ...

Next month I will take my seat at Gresty Road and look out over the 'wide open spaces' towards Nantwich, my view north blocked by that architectural beauty, Rail House. I still love it though. X-D

Planning to visit this season AmericanAlex? :-)[/quot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12