+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed format change for 2014/15 season

re: Proposed format change for 2014/15 season

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    Another season is almost upon us and after 4-5 years of the current format I'm thinking of simplifying things for me and you. Here's what I'm thinking:-

Only predicting on RUFC games - Score, Goal Scorer (from either team), Attendance

2pts for getting the result correct or if you get the score correct 5pts + 1pt per goal (as before)
    3pts for each goal your scorer gets but only 1pt for a penalty (as before)
    Attendence 2pts if within +/-250 plus 3 bounus points for the closest guess overall.

There will be 46 weeks of predicting, 1 for each league game.

Here's the major change, at 3 points in the season (after 12, 24 and 36 games) the bottom 25% will be eliminated and the scores for those remaining reset to 0.

Thoughts anyone - or volunteers to take over the old format!

You lost me after "Another"

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang
    Another season is almost upon us and after 4-5 years of the current format I'm thinking of simplifying things for me and you. Here's what I'm thinking:-

Only predicting on RUFC games - Score, Goal Scorer (from either team), Attendance

2pts for getting the result correct or if you get the score correct 5pts + 1pt per goal (as before)
    3pts for each goal your scorer gets but only 1pt for a penalty (as before)
    Attendence 2pts if within +/-250 plus 3 bounus points for the closest guess overall.

There will be 46 weeks of predicting, 1 for each league game.

Here's the major change, at 3 points in the season (after 12, 24 and 36 games) the bottom 25% will be eliminated and the scores for those remaining reset to 0.

Thoughts anyone - or volunteers to take over the old format!

You lost me after "Another"[/quote]

So even simplifying things won't help you then Crash?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeforAle
    I really like the existing format, but will change if we must.

The one thing I really don't like around your suggestion CA, is predicting the bl00dy attendance - this has sod all to do with the football itself and that ought to be what we are really being tested on - do I care if I am 500 out with the attendance if I predict a 4-1 win right, do I heck.

Up to you mate.

Anyway we can share the burden a bit by taking it in turns with the Admin...does your spreadsheet come with an idiots guide for Brin?? :-p
    I see you've started before the season's even kicked off..

CA...I'd stick with the tried and tested method...yes it may seem boring but its a tried and trusted method...the idea of eliminating folk who clearly fall by the wayside as they predict badly or as you say can't be arced as they know they won't win is a good idea...if it deters them the following season it's less work for you pal...only the die hards wil

OK - I capitulate and no that's not a ***ual act

Normal service will be resumed. Probably start around August 30th and go 32 from 36 same as last year. Can someone prod Frickley and awaken him from his summer slumber to see if he wants to post the fixtures this year.

Woe betide anyone on this thread starting the season and dropping out - I'll be hunting you down for charitable donations if you do

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    OK - I capitulate and no that's not a ***ual act

Normal service will be resumed. Probably start around August 30th and go 32 from 36 same as last year. Can someone prod Frickley and awaken him from his summer slumber to see if he wants to post the fixtures this year.

Woe betide anyone on this thread starting the season and dropping out - I'll be hunting you down for charitable donations if you do

FAO Frickley...if you want me to pick up posting the fixtures this coming season pal I don't mind...

Lol I'm here lurking in the background

CA - let me know when you want to start and will get some fixtures up. Let me know ASAP as I go away to Canada soon and not back in country till 26th aug

Brin, depending on when CA wants to start I may need you to post first few fixtures. Will let you know pal

Cheers

Let's make Week 1 August 23rd and put up the first 3 weeks now (or soon). As usual I'll probably accept players up to and including week 3.

Use the same entry format as previous years as it's easy on the eyes when scrolling through the posts and entering the predictions into my patented 'predictometer'

Thanks in advance.

CAM

No probs mate. Will post tomorrow

Sorry brin lol :-p

Quote Originally Posted by FrickleyAway
    No probs mate. Will post tomorrow

Sorry brin lol :-p
    If the fixtures are s.hite i'm complaining and having you banned...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12