+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex fans are worried

re: Alex fans are worried

Quote Originally Posted by brummiefan
    Why waste your money of the Guardian?
    FREE PAPER!

You do wonder how many fans they had to interview before they found the worried ones. . . and how they define fan - season ticket holder? resident of the town? youth in the street?

I'm not especially worried - I would be if I were a Shrews fan having changed the entire squad, but I am delighted to say I'm not

Bonehead may well have a point, as any later signings never seem to be fully fit in the managements eyes, which they do trot out as an excuse, so I know the reasoning why we are waiting, but it could have a knock on effect. especially with our current squad coming back earlier to boost their fitness.
    With Davis out injured, it does give a good chance for Ray and Dugdale to stake their claims at centre half.
    The rest more or less pick themselves, just with Molyneaux abd Audel getting a second bite if the cherry.
    Maybe 1 or 2 of the young guns can step up?
    But we do need a centre mid and a striker soon ish. Especially if we are only loaning a striker, why the long wait, surely benefit both parties to get integrated ASAP.
    I think we will do well (as we always do) in all the pre seasons, just transforming that into early season form is the tricky bit.

just worried - lost

moore / a j / clayton (soon) / Chucks / impezza

maybe saunders might make bench - so wheres the strikers

only

pogba / colclough (when fit unless court goes pear shaped)

inman / oliver

thats why im worries

I think some forget the use of the loan market, if we can bring someone in on loan up front then that's a bonus, but to start with I'd be happy to go with Pogba and Oliver. I have to admit we don't have much in the way of back-up but I'm sure SD knows this area needs looking at. However, are we going to find a decent striker on a free transfer with the wages we offer, unlikely. On the whole though SD has done well in the loan market. So until we know the outcome of any negotiations which are currently taking place there is no need to worry.

It's been well documented that SD is looking to bring in a striker on loan so that should answer some of the worries that supporters have. Would they prefer to keep AJ etc or see if the likes of Saunders can break thru?
    I'd like to see Oliver given a decent run as he showed that he had improved when he came back into the team later last season. It was something DG used to do - give a player a few games to experience the league standard and then they go away with thing to work on and can come back more ready to play.

very worried going to struggle all season but whats new.

What happened to the Man City striker Hiwula then?

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    What happened to the Man City striker Hiwula then?
    Last I heard was Man City needed him on a tour abroad so we are signing him from August 5th - that way his loan lasts longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12