+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex fans are worried

Alex fans are worried

Back of the Guardian newspaper today on the lack of signings, yeah, me too!

re: Alex fans are worried

Lack of signings? We've made eight signings in the past 6 months and are set to make three more permanent moves in the coming months.

How can we be worried, its only the 10th of July? FFS the season doesn't start for another month. We could have a whole new team in that time (reality says a couple or three signings are more likely).

need centre forward / winger / midfield player

no toots / davis / colclough at mo

weve no full back cover unless

audel / ballie used

Why waste your money of the Guardian?

also when we get someone in late if there crap the excuse will be

they didnt have a proper pre season with us

Turton will be used at right back next season if Toots goes, Steve has already hinted at this.

That was also my impression from steves posting some weeks ago and when ive seen him at 21 level when getting his fitness after injury I was impressed with him at right back. Toots deserves his move and I would be disappointed if he stayed for him.

Turton will be a strong replacement but then leaves us short in midfield asI really liked the 4,3,3 formation we finished strongly with.

3 wins, 2 draws and a single loss to the runaway chamions on the day of their expected crowning and with 10 men is strong cause for optimism compared to how we finished the previous season limping over the line after the JPT.

Personally, I'm happy with 'limping over the line' when there's no danger that you'll fall beneath it.

Being up to high doh on the final day is far less good for one's heart and blood pressure.

Certainly there is rarely a dull season with the Alex.

In comparison, Tranmere had never been remotely in danger for several years, then suddenly sank like a stone, in spite of our generosity to them at Prenton Park.

Well Bonehead and Paul CAFC are worried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast