+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arbroath vs Brora Rangers

Arbroath vs Brora Rangers

I'm quite excited about the game tomorrow and the other two matches this week. The Aberdeen game was to be forgotten about before it even kicked off but we shall get a glimpse of how Allan and Todd want to play and a real chance to see the already signed players, new goalie David Crawford and some trialists as well as the players we aren't allowed to mention incase scouts or other managers read this forum!

I think Brora willl be a hard team to play against after winning the Highland league but after the various snippets of how the team played against Stirling we should be in for a good game! Hopefully a nice Sunny day too!

C'mon the Lichties!!!!

re: Arbroath vs Brora Rangers

If last night's friendly against Stirling is anything to go by, there will be plenty to discuss on the playing front.

I'll be surprised if we don't see the Spaniards again and disappointed if some of the stand out trialists don't appear again.

Moore must be ready to try to sign up some of the talent. It will probably come down to budget and players holding out for the best deal.

Last night we looked every bit as good as recently promoted Stirling.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie_bacon_crisps
    Hopefully a nice Sunny day too!

C'mon the Lichties!!!!
    At Gayfield on match day. Bound to be cold and windy. Lol

Arbroath 2 – 2 Brora Rangers

Arbroath lined up with new signing David Crawford in goals and then Gael Reverte playing right back and Johnny Lindsay at left back with a central pairing of Ricky Little and Ludovis Erhard. The midfield had Patrick Thoutang and Adam Hunter playing as the central pair with Ricky Little on the right and Captain Scott McBride playing on the left with Simon Murray and James Parejo up front.

Kevin Nicoll, Craig Johnstone, Mark Whatley and Michael Wallace were not involved in the game but did take part in light training.

Brora kicked off towards the pleasureland end on a warm and bright Saturday afternoon and the first few exchanges were quite lively between the Highland league champions and Arbroath. Arbroath looked very lively with both Simon Murray and James Parejo showing excellent close control and willing to take on defenders but the experienced Ross Tokely was keeping his back line on guard at all times. Joe Malin in goal for Brora denied Bobby L

Thanks S-B-C. Good report for us distant supporters. Things sounding good, look forward to a much better season. How come all of a sudden we are attracting loads of players ?????

There is always a plethora of players at pre-season games, it was the same under Sheerin, it's just finding the right ones. Some work out and some don't. 8 of the players today were trialists, but not sure how many will feature again. I liked Hunter and Buchan and the Pirlo esq Spanish striker looked good, but the manager will no doubt have his own opinions.

I guess by Wednesday we shall see who made the cut! Things certainly look positive for the new season.

So who were the ''weel kent'' players who were top secret before the match. I never knew any of them, Scottish or otherwise. I liked both first and second half strikers and continue to be impressed by Murray. Still woeful at times at the back and in the middle but accept this was very much a trial of a lot of new players. Trust Moore will get it right. By next Saturday I imagine the team that starts v Forfar will be Moore's strongest eleven. Looks promising!!

Some strong performances from both established players and trialists.

Little looks really focused at cb. Murray is a great prospect.

The new keeper is very vocal and lively. Dominates the box well.

Both trialist strikers were promising. That was the second time I've watched Parejo and he is skillful and tricky. Perhaps too similar to our other forwards. Buchan is a different style, bigger and more awkward but with a good eye for goal.

I'd definately get Buchan on board ASAP. Good eye for a goal and physical presence gives us a different option. Not sure about the rest. The no 9 showed up well but as said above similar in style to what we have already. We seem well covered in the midfield but centre defence still seems to be our weakness. The number 5, not sure of?. A few more friendlies to find a commanding centre half. Little and Trav could suffice at a push if need be but should be room in the squad for a centre back.

A good work out and to look at the trialists against a good experienced Brora Rangers who won the Highland League last season.
    Little looked good in the centre of defence but we still require a BIG experienced central defender similar to Brora's Ross Tokley, he won everything in the air and controlled the defence, Brora had 3 ex-ICT in their team.
    Linn and McManus when he came on oozed class and Murray looks good and I am sure he will score goals for us, I would deffo sign 2 goal Kevin Buchan as he reminds me of the striker (forgot his) we got on loan from Motherwell last season.
    Surprised Tony Wallace who impressed in 45 minutes against Stirling was not playing yesterday, he is versitile as can play at the back, midfield and up front and is 6.2" and a very good player who Moore bought for Morton, I know a few other clubs want him but he has made it known he wants to sign for the Red Lichties where he grew up and went to Hayshead and Arbroath Academy, I am lead to believe he stays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)